GREE International Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GREE International Entertainment

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within the next day or two to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took place maybe 4-5 days after I had initially applied.

The interviewer jumped right into coding questions immediately. It started with two very simple questions but make sure you use very efficient methods (I didn't which I think hurt me). These questions can be solved in about 5 or less lines of code. The third question was harder but I was not required to write out the code for it. I was only required to discuss a method and its runtime. I'd say for the third question be prepared for questions you'd expect from companies like twitter except you won't have to actually code it.

After the initial phone screen I didn't hear back for a while (5-7 days) so I emailed the recruiter to see if there had been any updates to my application. It's been weeks now and I still haven't heard anything. Even though I didn't feel good about GREE after reading the reviews here on glassdoor, it would be nice to at least have been told that I wasn't a good fit instead of leaving me in suspense for so long. Many companies that I only applied to an did not get an interview even had the curtsey to let me know I was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Review common questions asked by other companies   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I met one of the engineering managers at GDC 2012 in San Francisco. From there I had a follow-up phone screen with the same manager. I then had a technical phone screen with one of the senior software engineers in the organization. Next, I was invited onsite for a 1:1 interview with multiple software engineers, including the CTO. The organization seemed to be open and I noticed a lot of people collaborating.

Interview Questions

• Make a copy of a linked list where the data member of each node in the linked list could be any other node in the linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview with HR and then online coding challenge.
    Language options for the coding challenge are pretty limited even though they were hiring non PHP/Go engineers.
    If you don't have the working knowledge of PHP or Go, it is hard to solve all the problems in a short amount time and they don't really care if you know other languages or have experiences in software engineering.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in person, followed by a phone screen, online technical test, and an on-site interview. Normal interview process and good communication with the technical recruiter. It took a little longer than average because I was also interviewing with other companies, so it was sometimes difficult to coordinate the schedules. Questions are standard programming interview questions from sites such as LeetCode. There were also some system design and server questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are covered under NDA so I can't disclose. Nothing is terribly tricky, but prior studying is recommended.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a monthDetails
    One technical phone screen, followed by a 2 hour remote coding test, followed by an all day on-site interview.

My overall interview experience was exhausting. People were nice, enjoyed answering some of these questions, including the coding test. I was positive about getting an offer but got rejected because they were looking for a principal engineer with more than 5-7 years of experience. That was such a big turn-off for me as they did not make this clear from the beginning at all. And the kind of experience they were looking for, wasn't mentioned anywhere in my resume. I am surprised why they even considered me for this role and invited me over for an all-day interview expecting a level of experience that I clearly didn't have! It was such an exhausting experience and such a waste of both of our time

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions on C#, design patters, interfaces Vs Abstract classes, partial classes etc
      2. Deep knowledge on maths and trigonometry: Sin, Cos, formula for dot product, cross product including derivations, determinants of matrices, and much more in-depth knowledge on vector algebra.
      3. Some basic questions on Unity game engine such as game objects, transforms, parenting of model imports etc
      4. Behavioural questions - where do you want to see yourself in 5 years, what style of career do you want to carve for yourself   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment in November 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One on the projects I did and how i tackled problem while doing the project. Second was a coding test which I had to submit in 2 hours. Pretty simple problem. But i messed up because I had other work and was rushing. I answered all the questions on the program I had written in the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to move the keyboard letters forward, backward or by a number based on user input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

1. A recruiter will contact you for a phone interview
    2. An engineer will schedule a technical phone interview with you
    3. The company will fly you down for an onsite interview
    4. You wait for the company to response and hopefully get an offer

Interview Questions

• You have a room-full of balances and weights. Each balance weighs ten pounds and is
      considered perfectly balanced when the sum of weights on its left and right sides are
      exactly the same. You have placed some weights on some of the balances, and you have
      placed some of the balances on other balances. Given a description of how the balances are
      arranged and how much additional weight is on each balance, determine how to add weight
      to the balances so that they are all perfectly balanced.   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with a number of members of the executive team and ran through strategy and gaming finance questions. Very broad, focused on understanding how you think about problems.

A little bit unclear what the long-term strategy for the company looks like- seems like opportunity to really craft their direction.

Art Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

it was good. at the time was funzio so the process was great with the ADs and Designer/HR were all friendly. I was hired on the spot and was given a generous offer as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, which was nice. I sent in my resume and they got back to me within a week or two to set up a phone interview. The first one was more introductory and went well. The next week I had a phone interview where some average questions were asked. When a more difficult question slowed me down, the interviewer nicely gave me a hint. After that, I was contacted with an offer within several weeks, and overall the communication was very good.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions about reversing a string, palindromes, or detecting a loop in a linked list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received was competitive and I was happy with it.