GREE International Entertainment Software Engineer - Backend Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GREE International Entertainment

Software Engineer - Backend Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had an phone interview first then invited for onsite interview. Office is really near to caltrain station which is good. Open environment. Had 4 or 5 round couldn't remember. One round was coding test with a laptop they offered for one and half hour.

Interview Questions

• Just normal algorithm questions. Talk with a senior about some sql problem. Since this is a position for the backend of their games, he asked something about real problem they've met   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GREE International Entertainment

Software Engineer - Backend Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on their homepage and got contacted from a HR one week later.
    1st phone interview
    With a HR for about 30mins. No technical questions, just about my background, my previous experience, and how did I know their company, very standard questions from a HR.

2nd phone interview
    Had to wait two weeks(!) to get the feedback after the 1st phone interview. Asked to schedule a 2nd phone interview with an engineer there. This is a technical interview with about 40mins. First asked a couple questions about my resume, then asked two algorithm questions. Not difficult, something like post order traverse BST iteration solution, largest sum from the path from root to leaf.

3rd onsite
    Two weeks after 2nd phone interview, received an email invited me to onsite. But I already accepted other company's offer, so just withdrew that.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question is in the 2nd phone interview, the engineer asked me something about Go but I did not mention anything about Go in my resume and I knew nothing about that.. So I just told him I had no experience with Go before. Then he just asked some other questions..   Answer Question