GREE International Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GREE International Entertainment

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for two positions within months apart from each other. The overall interview process was "just okay". The recruiting coordinator that organized everything was slow and never responded back to the interview results.........twice. Apparently, it seems that once they decided on someone, they forget all the other interviewees and the time they spent there.

When you receive an email with the list of people that will interview you, don't rely on it because the people on the list change and there may be more people interviewing you as well.

The interviewers that interviewed me for both positions were unprepared and didn't even show that they enjoyed working there (which is a red flag for a prospective employee).

After the interview, don't expect them to follow up with the results. Based on the way they acted and how disorganized they are, I don't have high hopes for this company.

Interview Questions

• "I didn't get a chance to look at your resume. Tell me about your experience?" "Why should you work for us?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

On-site interview after a phone screening.
    4-5 engineers interviewed me about mostly algorithm and data structure problems.
    They said they are the best of the best engineers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

One technical phone screen, followed by a 2 hour remote coding test, followed by an all day on-site interview.

My overall interview experience was exhausting. People were nice, enjoyed answering some of these questions, including the coding test. I was positive about getting an offer but got rejected because they were looking for a principal engineer with more than 5-7 years of experience. That was such a big turn-off for me as they did not make this clear from the beginning at all. And the kind of experience they were looking for, wasn't mentioned anywhere in my resume. I am surprised why they even considered me for this role and invited me over for an all-day interview expecting a level of experience that I clearly didn't have! It was such an exhausting experience and such a waste of both of our time!

Interview Questions

• First phone screen: Vector mathematics and algebra basics, like direction of vectors, addition, subtraction and dot product etc   Answer Question
    • Second Phone Screen was a 2 hour coding test. I was asked to solve the famous Island Problem - Given a matrix of 1s and 0s, 1 representing land and 0 representing water, an island represents a cluster of 1s that are connected with 1s in the top, bottom, left and right indexes, and diagonals don't count. I was asked to submit a working code to count the number of islands in the given matrix   1 Answer
    • On-Site Interviews: I had in total 5 people interviewing me back to back, without any breaks in between. It also included a 90 minute coding test similar to the remote coding test. I had to produce a working code to implement a series of encoding functions such as left shift, right shift, flip etc of a matrix of characters in the keyboard. And it needs to run for a given set of test cases.

Topics I was asked in the interviews are the following:
      1. Questions on C#, design patters, interfaces Vs Abstract classes, partial classes etc
      2. Deep knowledge on maths and trigonometry: Sin, Cos, formula for dot product, cross product including derivations, determinants of matrices, and much more in-depth knowledge on vector algebra.
      3. Some basic questions on Unity game engine such as game objects, transforms, parenting of model imports etc
      4. Behavioural questions - where do you want to see yourself in 5 years, what style of career do you want to carve for yourself, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I talked to a Lead Engineer for about 45 minutes. Then I was given a coding test for an hour and a half. Afterwards, we went over the code, all seemed well and the interview continued. I met with 3 or 4 pairs of engineers who proceeded to ask questions and gave me white board problems.

Towards the end of the interview the VP of Engineering showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• How do you to detect if two linked lists converge?   1 Answer

Game Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment.

Interview

Interview went as expected. Phone screen, tech call, programming project, on site.
    Everyone was very friendly, had some good conversations with the dev team.

The on site interview was very disorganized. Got dropped into a room and immediately got into dev questions. Not usually a problem, but typically you meet with HR, they talk a bit about HR type stuff and tell you what to expect over the course of the day... this didnt happen, so stress / nervousness took over as such an abrupt start was unexpected.

Being out of the interviewing scene for a few years, I wasn't really prepared for all the academic / obscure questions, so after my first interviewer (which I kind of fumbled), my fate was already sealed and the decision was made.
    I spoke to 2 others after that which went well, but all throughout, no practical questions, no questions related to the tech or language they were hiring for, no real questions that allowed me to show any of my experience as related to the job description.

I dont mind that I didnt get the job, but I do wish they took the time to actually interview me instead of making the decision after the first hour based off of stuff no one actually uses in general programming.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of phone screen, followed by 1:1 phone interviews with QA Mgr and Engineer (non-local candidate). The interviewers were all cordial and the interview questions were not at all challenging, especially if you have a broad range of experience in SQA. I felt as if my responses exceeded the expectations of the position. I was looking forward to a possible relocation to San Francisco and working in a cutting edge company in a growing space.

The following afternoon, I missed a call from the QA manager, so I promptly called him back. No answer at all, not even a voicemail service. I tried a few more times and received several pick-up/hang-ups. The manager didn't have the professional courtesy to even pick up the phone or return a call. A few days later, I contacted the front desk to leave a message. The girl that answered didn't seem interested and the call, of course, went unreturned. Very unprofessional organization and based on the "glowing" employee reviews, I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• None. The interviewers were very green and I pretty much drove the conversation.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Long Process: Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with CEO (on more like culture/behavioral questions), take home interview (talk about developing a feature/analyze activity data and come up with insights, on-site with Project Manager, 2 Product individuals, BI, and Marketing.

Come back on-site again to chat with VP of Product.

Interview Questions

• If LTV dropped what would the cause of it be?
      How would you measure success of a Live Ops Event?   Answer Question

Interview

2 interviews back to back. They were both very conversational instead of being a Q&A loop. They seemed to value whether you were a fit culturally to the company. They like people that like building new things. Demonstrate your passion and they will probably like you. Make sure you are up to speed with current tech trends and knowledge of social gaming would definitely be a plus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. What internet service do you love? How can you make it better?   Answer Question

Senior Design Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted my application online, and was immediately contacted by a recruiter via email and set up a time for a phone interview with someone at GREE. However, the person did not call me on the scheduled time and date, and it was a huge hassle to coordinate time with him. The rest of the process was smooth.

Designer Interview

Interview

Applied. Few weeks later got a message from a recruiter saying they were interested and requested dates for when we could talk for a phone interview. After sending them the dates received no communication for 2 weeks. Sent a follow up email and message and still nothing. Then received a standard automated rejection email out of the blue.