GREE International Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GREE International Entertainment Interview Questions

Interviews at GREE International Entertainment

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (Tokyo (Japan)) in February 2012.

Interview

3 interviews, 1st with leader of the team. 2nd with director, and final turn with VP. All are technical interviews with questions based on your background and experience. The interview process takes about 1 months. There are no code tests on whiteboard, be asked a lot of technical questions to make sure if you do really understand it very well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment in January 2013.

Interview

A few phone calls. I say a few because the first call from recruiter was kinda haphazard before I was called back by another recruiter - so at least it was resolved right away. Behavioural interview. Then had technical interview. Got offer after phone interviews only . They were really nice, even after I declined

Wasn't what I was looking for

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2012.

Interview

I only passed the first 1:1 interview and went for the second 1:1 interview.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a reasonably scoped design test, followed by a single face to face interview with the Designer who was to be my lead. Reasonably straightforward and fast.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly specific to the areas covered by the design test, and the games I was asked to review in preparing for the test and interview. As such, it was fairly easy to answer, assuming you have digested the content and given it some thought.   Answer Question

International Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

After an employee referral and resume submission I had a interview with the head of the department. The interview was an hour and at their Mori Tower location. I was asked the standard questions like what do you currently do and why do you want to work with Gree. A few days later I was notified by email that I would not be further considered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew anyone at a specific telecom in another country. When I said I didn't he asked me to detail how I would establish a partnership with that telecom.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment in March 2012.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. First one was with a recruiter, second one was with a product manager. The first phone call was about 10-15mins. The recruiter asked me general questions about how I found out about the company, why I wanted to work there, etc. The second interview was more specific. Manager asked me about how I would improve certain games and expand it. Also asked me some behavioral questions to see how I would assess the situation and make decisions.

Interview Questions

• What are some games you play? As a product manager, how would you improve it or bring it to the next level? What would you concentrate on?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment in May 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional.
    Recruiter called to schedule an interview, the next day her superior called to say that the position had been filled the previous day.
    I'm very dissapointed, GREE.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2013.

Interview

When I applied, I was an American citizen working in Singapore. For international hires, GREE was gathering applicants through Top Career International. Submit an application, get a call back if they like your CV to let you know that you're in the running, and get an interview. This part took around 6 weeks.

A couple weeks after the Top Career interview, I was granted a GREE interview with a product manager. We just chatted about mobile games, team management, the variety of work that comes up in any office now. It was a vetting process, essentially.

Another week later I was notified that I'd passed the first GREE interview, and that I'd be contacted for another interview in a month or two. Just saying this to illustrate that it was a long, long process. This next interview was with the vice president of marketing, and it was through a translator (GREE is a Japanese company, but one of their benefits is covering the cost of learning the language - very thoughtful). The cultural and translatorial barrier was all too much, though. The interview went on for about 45 minutes before the VP had to run, and neither of us could gage the feel of the other.

Then we played cat and mouse with scheduling another followup interview, and a few weeks later I had the final chat with another product manager. We essentially talked shop, which seemed like a great sign. Swapped tips, talked about strategy, and a bit on office culture.

Then I got an email a week later, after a near-four month hiring process, unceremoniously telling me that they were going in another direction.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app? What sort of external communication strategies would you employ to gather feedback and get the word out about it?   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Interview

Had a technical phone interview which was pretty straight forward. Basic OO questions. Some data structures and basic big O analysis.

The on-site was more tough. Asked to design an app from the ground up. Missed many basic data structure concepts because I was nervous. Wasn't my best interview performance.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to implement smart pointers. Wasn't difficult, but unexpected and caught off-guard.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment.

Interview

I had four interviews over the phone. The first was from the HR with general questions. The second was from an Android guy asking java related questions. The third and fourth were coding challenges which I was able to complete. The entire process took over a month. In the end I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• The problem was to encode text with the rules specified to rearrange keys on the keyboard.   Answer Question