GREE International Entertainment Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GREE International Entertainment Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GREE International Entertainment

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

On-site interview after a phone screening.
4-5 engineers interviewed me about mostly algorithm and data structure problems.
They said they are the best of the best engineers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GREE International Entertainment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

One technical phone screen, followed by a 2 hour remote coding test, followed by an all day on-site interview.

My overall interview experience was exhausting. People were nice, enjoyed answering some of these questions, including the coding test. I was positive about getting an offer but got rejected because they were looking for a principal engineer with more than 5-7 years of experience. That was such a big turn-off for me as they did not make this clear from the beginning at all. And the kind of experience they were looking for, wasn't mentioned anywhere in my resume. I am surprised why they even considered me for this role and invited me over for an all-day interview expecting a level of experience that I clearly didn't have! It was such an exhausting experience and such a waste of both of our time!

Interview Questions

• First phone screen: Vector mathematics and algebra basics, like direction of vectors, addition, subtraction and dot product etc   Answer Question
    • Second Phone Screen was a 2 hour coding test. I was asked to solve the famous Island Problem - Given a matrix of 1s and 0s, 1 representing land and 0 representing water, an island represents a cluster of 1s that are connected with 1s in the top, bottom, left and right indexes, and diagonals don't count. I was asked to submit a working code to count the number of islands in the given matrix   1 Answer
    • On-Site Interviews: I had in total 5 people interviewing me back to back, without any breaks in between. It also included a 90 minute coding test similar to the remote coding test. I had to produce a working code to implement a series of encoding functions such as left shift, right shift, flip etc of a matrix of characters in the keyboard. And it needs to run for a given set of test cases.

Topics I was asked in the interviews are the following:
      1. Questions on C#, design patters, interfaces Vs Abstract classes, partial classes etc
      2. Deep knowledge on maths and trigonometry: Sin, Cos, formula for dot product, cross product including derivations, determinants of matrices, and much more in-depth knowledge on vector algebra.
      3. Some basic questions on Unity game engine such as game objects, transforms, parenting of model imports etc
      4. Behavioural questions - where do you want to see yourself in 5 years, what style of career do you want to carve for yourself, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GREE International Entertainment (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I talked to a Lead Engineer for about 45 minutes. Then I was given a coding test for an hour and a half. Afterwards, we went over the code, all seemed well and the interview continued. I met with 3 or 4 pairs of engineers who proceeded to ask questions and gave me white board problems.

Towards the end of the interview the VP of Engineering showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• How do you to detect if two linked lists converge?   1 Answer