GSD&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GSD&M Interview Questions

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

Applied online, took about 6+ weeks to hear back. Went in person for the first interview, and it was the classic intimidating interview style. No warmth, no personality, more of an interrogation than a conversation. Extremely uncomfortable and I felt ganged up on. I knew it was a stretch going in, but was made to feel so bad about myself for even thinking I could work at GSD&M. They definitely think highly of themselves over there. Never heard back from them, even after sending a thank you email.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had one brief, 30 minute phone interview, which was very relaxed and conversational. I was then asked to come into the office the next week for an in-person interview. They accidentally double-booked my interview at the same time as another candidate, so the HR Intern ended up giving me the office tour instead of the main HR person. I was supposed to interview with 6 people while there, but instead only interviewed with 3 (since the other 3 had to meet with the other candidate). The last girl who interviewed me didn't know if my interview was over or not after her session and proceeded to walk me out. I never received a follow-up email from them. I emailed one of my interviewers a few days later to see if they had a timeline in mind for when I might hear back about potential next steps, and he never responded. Very unprofessional in comparison to other companies I interviewed with at the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your current position relates to this role. (All questions were very basic, typical interview questions.)   Answer Question

Account Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Over the phone. Normal interview questions. Make sure to know about Advertising. It was a good experience, but I wish it was in person. Normally, the interview process is done in person.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very difficult to get an in-person interview here. When I finally got in the door, it took a few weeks to get scheduled, then at least a week or two between interviews, so don't expect anything overnight from these guys. Typical "conversational" interviews. There are three - four rounds (meeting with the next higher level person each time). During my final interview...the fourth interview - I was told that I was competing with people half my age, etc. Not fitting the position is one thing, discrimination is another; Any kind of discrimination sucks. I am still very shocked to have had this experience with GSD&M.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...typical, unimaginative questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I got an email saying they'd love to do a phone interview and asked for my availability. I responded with the hours I'd be available and just never heard from them. I sent a follow up email a week later asking if I was still under consideration. No response. Just seemed rude.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

It was very laid back and everyone was very nice. Met with multiple people across the agency and lasted about five hours. They also took me to lunch, which was very nice. They paid for me to fly in and for my hotel. It was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous experience, where I went to school and what kind of work I liked to do.   Answer Question

Invoice Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very short, informal interview with few questions. The interviewer didn't seem very comfortable interviewing, and the conference we were going to use was still occupied, so we went to an alternate location. However, the interviewer asked relevant questions and let me give a detailed reply, and spent more time answering my questions than asking me about my experience or qualifications.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process. Applied online, followed up with a phone interview, and eventually brought in for an in-person. Very enjoyable. The interviewers always made you feel comfortable and as if you were simply having a conversation. They showed me around the office and described some of the jobs I would be doing upon being hired.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual and conversational. They are looking more to the way you think and projects you have engaged with. A big part of the interview I believe is if you are a good fit to the culture. Overall people are really friendly and laid-back - even though there are very intense projects and long work hours. Play hard - party hard.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in advertising?   1 Answer

Senior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M in December 2014.

Interview

Applied, phone interview with strategy team (CSO and 2 VPs), flew me in for in person, met with ~6 people (strategy, creative and account leadership teams). It was all pretty informal, informational. I felt like it was one of those situations that you either fit the mold or you don't. Theres no way to "hack" this one, other than to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What brands I had worked on, what brands I admired, major client accomplishments, how I came to important insights, what impact they had, why GSD&M, why strategy...the usual. Someone asked me "what makes me weird" ....which I thought was cool.

The only challenging part was that I was asked a lot of hypotheticals: "if this client wanted to so this thing, what would you say, how would you say? How would you talk them out of XYZ decisions? How do you go about selling great creative work? What if it makes them uncomfortable, how do you make them comfortable with it?   1 Answer