GSD&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GSD&M Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

Applied online, took about 6+ weeks to hear back. Went in person for the first interview, and it was the classic intimidating interview style. No warmth, no personality, more of an interrogation than a conversation. Extremely uncomfortable and I felt ganged up on. I knew it was a stretch going in, but was made to feel so bad about myself for even thinking I could work at GSD&M. They definitely think highly of themselves over there. Never heard back from them, even after sending a thank you email.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very difficult to get an in-person interview here. When I finally got in the door, it took a few weeks to get scheduled, then at least a week or two between interviews, so don't expect anything overnight from these guys. Typical "conversational" interviews. There are three - four rounds (meeting with the next higher level person each time). During my final interview...the fourth interview - I was told that I was competing with people half my age, etc. Not fitting the position is one thing, discrimination is another; Any kind of discrimination sucks. I am still very shocked to have had this experience with GSD&M.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...typical, unimaginative questions.   Answer Question

Account Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Over the phone. Normal interview questions. Make sure to know about Advertising. It was a good experience, but I wish it was in person. Normally, the interview process is done in person.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process. Applied online, followed up with a phone interview, and eventually brought in for an in-person. Very enjoyable. The interviewers always made you feel comfortable and as if you were simply having a conversation. They showed me around the office and described some of the jobs I would be doing upon being hired.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual and conversational. They are looking more to the way you think and projects you have engaged with. A big part of the interview I believe is if you are a good fit to the culture. Overall people are really friendly and laid-back - even though there are very intense projects and long work hours. Play hard - party hard.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in advertising?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

It was very laid back and everyone was very nice. Met with multiple people across the agency and lasted about five hours. They also took me to lunch, which was very nice. They paid for me to fly in and for my hotel. It was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous experience, where I went to school and what kind of work I liked to do.   Answer Question

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to come in for the interview then was offered the position. The job interview was very normal to any job interview you go in and get interviewed about what you have on your resume.

Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I was put in touch with GSD&M by a staffing agency. It was really more of a part-time (with potential to go full time) type position. The staffing agency gave me a lot of information on the company, and said that I would be working in the invoicing department. They were overloaded and needed some help. The interviewer was very friendly and asked standard questions.

Interview Questions

• "What makes you the best candidate?" I always feel so awkward answering that question.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX).

Interview

professional

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews with various senior folks in HR and department I was interviewing for. All positive just no openings at the time.