GSD&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I got an email saying they'd love to do a phone interview and asked for my availability. I responded with the hours I'd be available and just never heard from them. I sent a follow up email a week later asking if I was still under consideration. No response. Just seemed rude.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had one brief, 30 minute phone interview, which was very relaxed and conversational. I was then asked to come into the office the next week for an in-person interview. They accidentally double-booked my interview at the same time as another candidate, so the HR Intern ended up giving me the office tour instead of the main HR person. I was supposed to interview with 6 people while there, but instead only interviewed with 3 (since the other 3 had to meet with the other candidate). The last girl who interviewed me didn't know if my interview was over or not after her session and proceeded to walk me out. I never received a follow-up email from them. I emailed one of my interviewers a few days later to see if they had a timeline in mind for when I might hear back about potential next steps, and he never responded. Very unprofessional in comparison to other companies I interviewed with at the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your current position relates to this role. (All questions were very basic, typical interview questions.)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

They just went through my resume, asked me relevant questions based on what I put on there and most importantly, time availability. I interviewed with 5 different people, and they all asked me about the same questions. I think they liked the qualifications on my resume and I had already gotten the job even before I walked into the office -- the in-person interview was really to see if my personality fit the team.

Media Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M in September 2011.

Interview

Send application, go in for short interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation for intern rate

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

I submitted information online and did not hear back for about 2-3 months. Then had some phone interviews and then they brought me in to meet some people after about 2-3 weeks of talks.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of meaningful questions that you must know your stuff to answer.   Answer Question

Invoice Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very short, informal interview with few questions. The interviewer didn't seem very comfortable interviewing, and the conference we were going to use was still occupied, so we went to an alternate location. However, the interviewer asked relevant questions and let me give a detailed reply, and spent more time answering my questions than asking me about my experience or qualifications.

Senior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M in December 2014.

Interview

Applied, phone interview with strategy team (CSO and 2 VPs), flew me in for in person, met with ~6 people (strategy, creative and account leadership teams). It was all pretty informal, informational. I felt like it was one of those situations that you either fit the mold or you don't. Theres no way to "hack" this one, other than to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What brands I had worked on, what brands I admired, major client accomplishments, how I came to important insights, what impact they had, why GSD&M, why strategy...the usual. Someone asked me "what makes me weird" ....which I thought was cool.

The only challenging part was that I was asked a lot of hypotheticals: "if this client wanted to so this thing, what would you say, how would you say? How would you talk them out of XYZ decisions? How do you go about selling great creative work? What if it makes them uncomfortable, how do you make them comfortable with it?
      1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews with various senior folks in HR and department I was interviewing for. All positive just no openings at the time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX).

Interview

professional

Part-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I was put in touch with GSD&M by a staffing agency. It was really more of a part-time (with potential to go full time) type position. The staffing agency gave me a lot of information on the company, and said that I would be working in the invoicing department. They were overloaded and needed some help. The interviewer was very friendly and asked standard questions.

Interview Questions

• "What makes you the best candidate?" I always feel so awkward answering that question.   Answer Question