GSN (Game Show Network) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GSN (Game Show Network) Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network).

Interview

After applying to them through LinkedIn, I was contacted about a week after to schedule a phone interview. This ended up taking an entire month and 3 follow up emails to hear back from the recruiter. When the call finally came, it was 30 minutes late and they said they'd get back to be for an onsite interview the following day. I never heard back and gave up trying to reach them after 3 follow up emails. The entire experience was just a waste of time to be honest. Learn to follow through!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network) (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three people. Two were over Skype, and one was in the office. Upon arriving, I waited for 15 minutes until someone directed me where to go. Interviewers were incredibly rude and belittled the programming work I had done, calling it, "worthless and a waste of time." Once of the Skype interviewers would not let me see his face while talking to him, but he was able to see mine. A completely disrespectful process and left me very offended.

Advertising Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I was contacted by a recruiter. We scheduled for a phone screening, but he never called. I followed up with him for rescheduling, and we rescheduled for the next day. However, he failed to call again. I followed up with him twice after that, and he never responded. The whole process was undeniably stressful and unrespectful.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network) (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Literally the worst candidate experience I've been through or heard of in my life. Their process is incredibly slow and it took another company's offer to push them to move forward quicker. I was also lied to by their recruiters on multiple occasions about the timeline of the process and one person even encouraged me to decline another offer because I was so "perfect for this role". That should've been a red flag right there.

Finally, I was told that I was selected for the role and would be receiving the offer letter in a few days, but WEEKS went by and never got anything. I had to follow up with them repeatedly and just got one excuse after another. I sent them numerous emails, but oddly, they would only respond via telephone.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network) (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter who I had a great chat with about my fit for the Marketing role and what the hiring manager was looking for. The hiring manager was scheduled to jump on a call with me about a week later but missed it without sending me any sort of notification or note. I reached back out to the recruiter who was apologetic about the missed call and rescheduled me for another at the end of the day.

I was in the process of stepping out of the office when the hiring manager called, I called back 3 minutes later when I got to my car and am met with a voicemail. I reached back out to recruiter and again, he was apologetic and said he'll reschedule for another call.

I was sent a generic email the next morning from said recruiter stating they've decided to move forward with other candidates who are a better match for the role.

This whole experience has given me a glimpse of the business culture and hiring process of GSN— an organization that doesn't value and respect the time of it's applicants seems to be the way it conducts its' business.

After reviewing other interviews by GSN, my experience seems to be the norm, which should give you a good perspective of GSN as an organization.

Manager Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network).

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen which I passed. Then set up a skype call with the hiring manager in Boston. Spoke briefly for about 30 minutes. Recruiter reported it went well and that they wanted to schedule another call with the VP. Scheduled the call with VP but when the date came around, they had to hold and reschedule because the VP wasn't available. The recruiter told me he will circle back and reschedule the call with VP but never did. I tried emailing and contacting the recruiter of any update more than twice and didn't get one reply back. No updates, no nothing. Pretty annoying and unprofessional. At least give me a simple update on what's going on, even if they decided I wasn't a fit.

Game Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network) in January 2016.

Interview

What a joke. After completing a first-round phone interview and a take-home code test, I then had a final-round Skype interview. I was not given an offer, allegedly because of my insufficient experience with the Unity game engine, despite the fact that they never asked me a single question about Unity at all. I sent an e-mail back asking if it was perhaps some mistake, but they never replied. Don't waste your time with this place. This was their Boston office, by the way.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network).

Interview

Got recruited via linked in, had a phone interview, 4 days later scheduled a 3 hour on site interview with 5 in office people and 2 skype interviews. After my in office interviews someone came in and told me the remote people had gotten pulled into a meeting so my interview was over. They said I would be contacted to set those up from home...never heard back I had to reach out twice to find out there wasn't a job offer.

IT and Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network).

Interview

Took OVER 6 weeks all in all. Which is terribly long time for a company in a dire need of the position filled (As i was told). Anyhow... besides this it was very tedious and time consuming. I have had invested easily 10+ hours for various interviews and communications. Lots of this time was wasted begging for an update.
    There were FOUR interviews in total : Recruiter, manager, multi person with 4-5 people and another multi with 6-7 people. Not all at one but in a row. From Sr to Jr level people.
    Quite a bit disorganized as some people who were supposed to be there in person turned out not to be there and were Skype interviews instead. Which i feel also not exactly fair to all the candidates as there would be different perception between Skype and in person meetings.
    After meeting all those folks i kept waiting and waiting. Had to contact various people trying to get an update. Felt like they just stringing it along for whatever internal reason. Until finally after over 6 weeks i was able to beg and update out of the recruiter. Totally and utterly unacceptable!!!

Interview Questions

• No silly questions. Actually pretty decent. Did not feel like they trying to catch you with "Pants down"   1 Answer

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GSN (Game Show Network) (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with over a dozen people, more than once, over the course of 3 months. They never told me when to expect updates, nor did they ever provide me with any. I recently received a call and a message saying they had made a decision so I called them back, only to not get a call back more than a week later. The hiring practices here are not swift.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer