GTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GTB

2.6

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GTB (Dearborn, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

They changed the time of the interview, and no one told me. Other than that, it was fairly standard. I interviewed with the group director, and then 2 of the team members. It lasted about 45 minutes. It just seemed really chaotic there, but everyone that I interacted with at Team Detroit was very friendly.

Traffic Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GTB.

Interview

I had my resume submitted internally. A few months later I had a phone interview where we went over my resume and scheduled my on-site interview. The two interviewers on-site were nice and had a list of questions that were easy to answer. It has now been a few months since then and I have not received any response even after calling to inquire and sending emails.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTB (Dearborn, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Know the company history (can be found on the company website). Generally, starts with a phone interview and then a face-to-face interview

Interview Questions

• What are the five original companies that came together to form Team Detroit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GTB (Dearborn, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted by someone from HR via e-mail. We scheduled a time for a phone interview for the following Monday. The phone interview went well, his name was Brian and he was very kind, and asked me some general questions about my interest and knowledge of the position. Then, we scheduled an onsite in-person interview. They asked several questions regarding my knowledge of advertising as well as the company history. All of the interviewers were VERY nice!

Interview Questions

• What would your employer say are your best and worst qualities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GTB (Dearborn, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

You really have to know someone in order to get in. I had a friend of a friend that gave me a good review and that got me an interview. Once you have the interview it's pretty easy going and relaxed. Just wanting to get to know you better on a personal and professional level. But then after the interview they didn't have a position open until 3 months later, the waiting time was very long and thought that process could've been much faster.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GTB (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a now current co-worker who was doing work with the internship I was at at the time. Got an email and went in - had a job offer the following week. The interview itself was brief, they did most the talking and just queried me on my abilities and hypotheticals.

Interview Questions

• Skills/abilities were at the forefront   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTB (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

cool people, easy to talk to, communicated over email after applying. I didn't have much experience at the time but seems like id like to work there in the future. I've heard great things about the company in general

Global Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GTB (Dearborn, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred to Team Detroit from an existing employee, who had encouraged me to apply online. An HR Representative requested that I take part in a telephone screening, which I agreed to. Oddly, the Rep. first asked me if I knew the current employee, who had referred me for the job availability. Then, I was asked to go over my résumé and answer any questions about my skills.

A week later, I was requested, by the same HR Rep., to take part in a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager on the following day. This is where things went south: The Rep. promised to send me a logistical e-mail with an employment application on the same day, which was never sent to me even though I had left a voicemail on HR’s general mailbox, stating that I didn't get the message! Therefore, I had to use the Internet to find the interview site and was unable to fill out the employment application in anticipation of the event.

On the day of the interview, I arrived on time; however, the very same HR Rep. was quite inattentive and had difficulty locating the interviewer/hiring manager.

After the interview concluded with the hiring manager, I asked the HR Rep., to resend me the e-mail that I had never received, so that I could fill out the employment application, straight away, and send the completed form back to Team Detroit. Despite her promise, the message with attachment never came. I even left a voicemail on that Rep.’s direct mailbox informing her of this development!

When I reached out to her, the following morning, by e-mail, reminding her that I needed a PDF version of the employment application, the HR Rep. responded by sending me a rejection e-mail, notifying me that I wasn't being considered for the position that I had applied for, online. Unbelievable!

I was very disappointed with the runaround treatment that Team Detroit subjected me to.

GTB Response

Jun 11, 2014 – SVP, Director Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience interviewing at Team Detroit. This is not a typical situation however it sounds like it was a very frustrating experience for you. Please feel free... More

Interview

Interview process was fine. It took a while to hear back about position after the interview.

Brand Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTB.

Interview

Interview process was solid, communication was pretty good. Questions weren't difficult, pretty general. Start with a phone interview and if that goes well you'll be contacted. One on One wasn't bad, pretty comfortable situation.