Gainesville Health and Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gainesville Health and Fitness

Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gainesville Health and Fitness (Gainesville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I have ever had. First off I was not called, but e mailed interviews are 5 to 10 minutes on mondays. Second I was interviewed in the lobby with another person being interviewed for the same job. Third I was informed pay would be minimum wage without even looking at my resume. The whole interview I said maybe 3 sentences, the interview was mostly informing me this is how it is and if you do not like it we can hire other people.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gainesville Health and Fitness (Gainesville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It's a lengthy process. First you fill out an online application, then turn into a handwritten one and sit down for 15 minutes. if they like you, you are invited into a group interview where you play a game. If that goes well, you go through a workout interview where they test your ability to listen to directions and work hard.

Interview Questions

• Asked you about if you are willing to work hard   1 Answer

Line, Front Desk, Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gainesville Health and Fitness (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I went with a friend for some trial workouts and I thought this place is over-priced in my opinion. It does have a nice selection of machines but it's constantly crowded and I didn't like the fact they are all adapted to I-phone ports and not everyone has an I-phone. The women's locker room bathroom usually has an odd smell and the floors are constantly wet due to the swimming pool area.I will say the staff is very nice when working on the line of weight machines, and I appreciated that. That was the reason I decided to apply for a part-time position because I love working with people who love what they do plus I have a passion for personal fitness.

I would not recommend anyone who isn't a full-out fitness buff applying for a job with GHF. They make the process extremely difficult. The "first interview" is a 5 minute talk with anyone who seems to be available at the time. The "second interview" is a giant role-play activity (board game of sorts) that doesn't assess your ability to perform in a workout setting nor does it as critically important questions of the interviewees to get an idea of your abilities. You rely on the chance that you happen to get the opportunity to even speak. During the "third interview" you are supposed to do a high-impact workout and I was sat down for less than five minutes and told the reasons why I wasn't good enough to work there. One was that I have another goal for my life, veterinary medicine, and that they are looking for fitness minded people. Completely a let-down because they should have noticed that at the first interview or hey..the second at the latest. Waste of my time to even try for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. That's all the third interviewer asked. I've interviewed people before and that's completely inappropriate. He had his mind up before I even showed up that day.   Answer Question