Gale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gale Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gale (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on career fair. They have only one Interview. There were two interviewees, it's a in person interview. It lasted one hour. Most of the questions are behavioral questions.

Educational Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gale (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. screening phone interview with HR
    2. phone interview with the manager for the position
    3. Skype interview with her (it's a remote field sales position)
    4. Phone interview with the head of K12 sales
    5. Additional Skype interview with manager
    6. "Campus Project" - interviewing current customers and putting together a presentation of my findings & what I would envision myself doing with the position
    7. Day of face-to-face interviews with many people from the company in the headquarters at Farmington Hills, Michigan - while I was there, I also presented my campus project

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Education Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gale (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was exactly how it should be - well-organized, timely, and respectful of my time as a candidate - from initial screening call with HR all the way to offer call from District Manager.

Interview Questions

• As a former higher ed sales professional - they asked how I would use those skills in this different K-12 market.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gale.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward interview process. 1 phone interview and 1 online assessment. There was no onsite interview for this internship role. The online assessment is very easy, unlike many other big companies, the online assessment from Gale Cengage Learning only consists small numbers of questions, and is very similar to most interview questions you can find from the internet.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Gale in February 2013.

Interview

This was a courtesy interview since the person they wanted to hire had already been selected. It afforded me the opportunity to learn a lot about the department. I found out what they actually did; the types of vendors they dealt with, their structure; who reported to who (something hard to figure out with all the restructuring going on) and much more!

Interview Questions

• No question like this was asked since they had already selected the individual for this job. The rest of us were interviewed just for the sake of going through the process.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gale (Farmington Hills, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard meet the boss and peers. CEO took me to lunch. I met with peers in the afternoon and they just threw softballs at me. Things had no been going well at Gale and they were honest about the reasons, largely blaming private equity and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gale. Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a number. I countered. We met half way. Got small signing bonus to make up the difference.

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Gale (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Process began with a phone interview, then was put on hold pending a corporate reorganization. Weeks later, received request for on-site interview. Flew up same day for interview with 6 or 7 senior-level officials (this was a senior position). Learned during the course of the interviews (at lunch, no less!) that the position for which I was interviewing was actually one level higher, and that the person to whom I'd be reporting (in the initial construct) was leaving. After that day (and what a day!), never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• How do view the K-12 market today?   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gale (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2009.

Interview

Just a one-on-one interview one time.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company/position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay

Publishing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gale (Andover, England (UK)).

Interview

There were two interviews, each attended by two people. The first was a fairly typical skills-based interview, with the odd question about company knowledge thrown in. Questions were sensible and well-structured. At the end of the first interview, there was a proofreading test, which was fairly basic.

Ahead of the second interview, candidates had to review and present their experience using two of the company's products. There then followed a few re-cap questions about the nature of the role and motivations.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? (Really important to brush up on this beforehand!)   Answer Question

Junior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gale (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview day, so there were 4 interviewees in the 'boardroom'. There were 3 rounds of interviews - core values, technical and leadership - all with different company staff. Core values asked about your personality, character and how well you identify with the company's values. The leadership interview consisted of a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Build an excel spreadsheet and it's functions (eg. add, multiply etc) with Javascript.   Answer Question