Galileo Financial Technologies PHP Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Galileo Financial Technologies

3.5

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Sandy, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn, pretty standard stuff. Did a phone screening, and an on site interview.

First I was interviewed by Project manager / Director and Lead Architect. Mostly talked about stuff on my resume.

Then interviewed by the whole Development team. Asked me specific things about my experience, what sort of things I had built in the past and different problems I had to solve. Asked me a few questions about lower level PHP development (they are a Zend shop), stuff you might not know about if you have done most of your work within a framework. I thought that was pretty interesting. They also whiteboarded me.

Lastly I had an interview with the CEO who asked me to "design amazon" on a whiteboard. Probably just trying to see how much I knew about developing an app start to finish. Kind of an interesting exercise I suppose.

Overall I thought the interview process was very thorough, which I liked, but sort of antiquated. I haven't been whiteboarded in a long time, and it was really off-putting and fairly pretentious. I thought it was weird, but after my in person interview, they decided to send me an online skills test and then told me not to take it after all. Also, after extending me an offer, they told me I had to take a drug test... who does this in IT?

I got an offer from Galileo which was very competitive and would have definitely accepted if I didn't receive another offer at a company that I decided to choose. Seems like a great company, just didn't end up being a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect from a CSRF attack?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Galileo Financial Technologies

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

Talking with Jeremey and Ashely, they are nice. The other two programmers seems to ask trick that we may not know. If you do not have experience with web or secury security. Dont go there to waste your time.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect from a CSRF attack?   1 Answer
    • How do you protect from a XSRF attack?   1 Answer
    • How do you protect from a SQL injection attack?   Answer Question
    • How do you describe MVC as part?   Answer Question
    • What is interface and abstract?   Answer Question
    • What are design patterns and do you use them in PHP?   Answer Question
    • What framework you use/ how many SQL experience do you have? How long you use it ? How many experience do you have on that?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how SQL escape works? explain how it is works.   Answer Question