Gallup Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I got a call from them almost immediately after replying. There are multiple steps to the interview process. Make sure you take your time on the online assessment. The first phone interview is very similar to the online assessment. Honestly, this first interview was different than any other type of interview I have had with a company since it is top of mind awareness based questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

10 week process. 1 online questionnaire, followed by 2 phone questionnaires. Then 30 min phone call with recruiter, followed by a coaching session and a phone interview with the hiring manager at the local office. Finally, there was a 3 hour in person interview with 5 employees.

The process is very long. Im sure they miss out on a lot of talent because of this.

Interview Questions

• The personality assessment part (online and the 2 phone follow up) are modeled after the Gallup Strengthsfinder questions.

Once you get to the recruiter, it's all basic behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time you had trouble with a customer", or "if you were an animal, what animal would you be"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in February 2016.

Interview

The first phone interviewed is 50 questions long. I recommend asking at the beginning of the interview to clarify when they want a short answer or when they want you to expand and give an example. Certainly a weird interview format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself..
      Are you a competitive person?
      What form of compensation do you believe in?
      Should you be paid based on the quality of your output? Salary?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview and they asked like more than 30 questions in 45 minutes. Search question database online and prepare it. A little bit difficult but quite worth experience. It took like one week time for them to process the interview!!!!!!!!! The INTERVIEWER does not answer only read question and record your answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very welcoming and inviting process warm and inviting culture as well. Seems like a great place to work Very welcoming and inviting process warm and inviting culture as well. Seems like a great place to work

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a position (took about a 40-question online questionnaire) and was contacted within a week that I proceed onto a phone interview. I had the first phone interview and it went great. I was contacted exactly one week later for a second interview with the same interviewer and it went just as well. I was contacted 3 days later by email that I didn't fit the role. It was very impersonal experience with absolutely no feedback. They behave like an exclusive club that if they don't like you, you will not be chose nor will they tell you why you weren't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was an extension of the online questionnaire...they wanted to see how you can answer the question live. Strange set-up however. One can only ask to repeat a question not but not elaborate on it. Very cold and impersonal interview. My interviewer was very pleasant but there was no room to generate any type of dialogue.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and about three weeks later received an automated message asking me to call their hiring center to set up a phone screening. The woman called me about 5 minutes late, but was very nice the entire time. The screening call took about 30 minutes, basically rehashing all the personality/behavioral questions that appeared on their personality test before you can submit your application. They will alert you when they begin recording and when they end, allowing you to ask some "off the record" questions if you so please. She told me I'd hear back within 3-5 business days, on the 3rd day, I received a nice form email telling me I wasn't being pursued further.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you gave someone advice. On a scale of 1-5, are you competitive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephonic interview- The interviewer was totally unaware of the context of the questions asked. The person who was supposed to take the interview didnt turn up, and the interview was to be reviewed by some other team altogether. The whole situation gets uncomfortable when you have been asked a question which could have different perspectives depending on the situation. Whats the point of taking the interview then.

Interview Questions

• Do you require information before making a decision? What if the information has not been given to you, how would you decide   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phil, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Phil, NV).

Interview

long phone interviews, rapid fire questions based on personality not behavioral based phone interviews lasted 30min-1 hour, they would not clarify questions. I went through 3 of these with different people, i think they had a third party ask the questions who was not very friendly. It's hard to prepare for and you should just respond honestly since they are hiring certain personalities and trying to ensure the right fit.

Interview Questions

• when is the last time someone has done something nice for you
      are you optimistic
      what do you think about when driving in the car   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

Interview

First step is to complete a profile and then take a long assessment. Based on the profile and assessment, you will be asked to interview if there is a match for the position.

The interview was unlike any other in that the questions are read to you in almost a robotic manner. You cannot ask to reword the question or for clarification, only to repeat it. The purpose of this process is to remove biases, but it makes it difficult to tell how the interview is going.