Gallup Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Workplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Submit resume and take 30-45 min quiz. Then two separate 45 min long phone interviews with phone rep, not HR, robotic questions like others mentioned. 30 min Skype pre-interview with HR, where they explain all kinds of personal details about the people you will meet. Followed by a 2 hour in-person interview at the Chicago office. The first two people I met with were good, the last was the regional manager and he made it clear that there is no work life balance at this company. He straight up told me the only thing he cared about were billable hours, he said there is no difference in quality between employees it only mattered who worked longer days and therefore brought more revenue to the company. Ok then, not the family friendly image they like to portray.

I got a bubbly voice mail from the hiring manager about a week later, on a Thursday. I thought that was a good sign, but traded voice mails all day Friday and didn't hear anything until I called her back on Monday, and she finally returned my call at the end of the day. She was calling to say I didn't get the job. Why the hell couldn't she leave that on voice mail, send an email or have someone in HR tell me that earlier? 5 days wait for a rejection?? I had an offer from another company and made them wait for all of this nonsense.

This is a company that prides themselves on their hiring process. Now only that, this hiring process is their main consulting business that they sell to other companies! Unprofessional and disrespectful. They need to step away from all the algorithms they think predict the perfect candidate and remember how to treat people like actual humans. I would strongly recommend saving yourself some time and avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• Regional manager asked me to explain the differences between the two people who had interviewed me before him, and tell him which one of them was a better employee.   1 Answer

Workplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Four 30-60 minute standardized phone interviews before you get to speak to a real person. However, for a company that takes personality fit seriously and emphasizes empirical decision-making, that shouldn't be surprising. Recruiters and interviewers up until the Skype interview were very cordial and professional. We did Skype because I wasn't in the city at the time - the interviewer was polite but seemed distracted.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st part was an online questionnaire that consisted of personality and basic IQ questions. The second part was a phone interview, I think the best way to handle it is to treat it as a regular phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel first thing in the morning when you wake up?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I initially interacted with a talent acquisition specialist on a well-known professional job board; she set up on online interview followed by a 50 minute phone interview. There was a one week delay between each stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• "Are you the type of person that likes to help other people?" "Do you prefer a 9-5 schedule or a more flexible work schedule?" "Have you ever taken a personality test in the past and, if so, what were the results?" "Do you prefer a fixed salary, or a salary with bonuses and incentives?"   1 Answer

Survey Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

During the application you complete a behavioral quiz that is basically their Strengthsfinder 2.0 questions. I had applied for a survey research job but the quiz must have said I was better suited for a Client Services Consultant position because I received an interview date for that position. It was frustrating because the first phone interviews are with interviewers who know nothing about the position, so couldn't find out what happened to the survey position.

Interview Questions

• I prepared based off of the behavioral questions other people put up here, a lot of them were the same, the ones about performance based compensation, etc. Would you rather have a pleasant but average worker or someone who excels but is difficult to work with. Most of them were either strengthsfider 2.0 questions.   1 Answer
    • I appreciate their process and what they're trying to do with the strengthsfider survey, and match people to their strengths, but I think they need a little more HR communication with applicants-- it comes off a little inhumane and one-sided to fire a bunch of questions at you and record it, but you are not able to find out more about the position or process really.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

There were five rounds of interviews that I participated in (initial assessment, 2 rounds of behavioral interviews, 1 Skype interview and an in person interview). In the final in person interview, I believe I was discriminated against due to my educational background and home address. The interviewer inappropriately asked about the suburb in which I reside.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be paid a salary or performance based?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, with a personality test, heard back about the interview within 1 week via email and phone. Interviewed twice on the phone, both a week apart. Finished 2 round of phone interviews by the 3rd week since applying.

The 1st phone interview was similar to the online personality test. The second interview was a mix of arbitrary questions with job experience questions. Interviewed by someone who was only having a ONE-WAY CONVERSATION with me. She was not allowed to answer any clarifying questions and was only asking questions.

Lots of "coming from the left field" questions. See interview Questions below. Weird and uncomfortable. And at times very intrusive. I didn't think it makes sense to talk about certain things with someone who was not having a conversation with you. It felt stupid, rigid, and dumb. And amazingly this is a company that deals with people as their main business.

The approach seem jaded and based on over-rated "scientific approach". However, seeing this process as a glimpse of this company, it answers questions about what it must be like to work there, and why they cannot fill this position for over 130 days.

To be fair though, the process was organized and prompt. The Glassdoor interview experiences shared online, and other reviews certainly helped a lot. (Glassdoor:1, Gallup:0)

Client Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Within one week of applying, I got an email from them telling me to call their scheduling center to set up an interview. Earliest opening was a week later. I know a lot of previous reviews mentioned how robotic the whole phone interview was so I was mentally prepared but it was still very weird and uncomfortable. The interviewer sounded like a robot reading off a list of survey questions. The interview lasted about 30 min and most of the questions were yes or no questions with some asking for elaboration and some asking to rate yourself on a scale 1-5. There was no questions related to the actual position or you skills and the interviewer didn't answer any question about the actual position, she kept saying to save it for the hiring manager. Then 2 days later I got an email saying my profile didn't fit any of their current openings. Such a waste of time, felt like I was tricked into taking a survey.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online-Day 0. Application included a Personality Assessment Test, which must be passed in order for you to get to the second interview; phone interview. The assessment test ask a lot of questions regarding your ability to multi-task, views on working in a team setting, ability to prioritize task throughout day, and willingness to sale and market other materials.

Interview Questions

• I would like a job where I am paid by my performance. (Strongly disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, or Strongly Agree)   1 Answer

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and got a phone call from them a week later for the 1st round interview. It was a set of behavioral questions and I thought it was easy but I didn't get the 2nd interview.