Gallup Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.1

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I initially interacted with a talent acquisition specialist on a well-known professional job board; she set up on online interview followed by a 50 minute phone interview. There was a one week delay between each stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• "Are you the type of person that likes to help other people?" "Do you prefer a 9-5 schedule or a more flexible work schedule?" "Have you ever taken a personality test in the past and, if so, what were the results?" "Do you prefer a fixed salary, or a salary with bonuses and incentives?"   1 Answer

Survey Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

During the application you complete a behavioral quiz that is basically their Strengthsfinder 2.0 questions. I had applied for a survey research job but the quiz must have said I was better suited for a Client Services Consultant position because I received an interview date for that position. It was frustrating because the first phone interviews are with interviewers who know nothing about the position, so couldn't find out what happened to the survey position.

Interview Questions

• I prepared based off of the behavioral questions other people put up here, a lot of them were the same, the ones about performance based compensation, etc. Would you rather have a pleasant but average worker or someone who excels but is difficult to work with. Most of them were either strengthsfider 2.0 questions.   1 Answer
    • I appreciate their process and what they're trying to do with the strengthsfider survey, and match people to their strengths, but I think they need a little more HR communication with applicants-- it comes off a little inhumane and one-sided to fire a bunch of questions at you and record it, but you are not able to find out more about the position or process really.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

There were five rounds of interviews that I participated in (initial assessment, 2 rounds of behavioral interviews, 1 Skype interview and an in person interview). In the final in person interview, I believe I was discriminated against due to my educational background and home address. The interviewer inappropriately asked about the suburb in which I reside.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be paid a salary or performance based?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, with a personality test, heard back about the interview within 1 week via email and phone. Interviewed twice on the phone, both a week apart. Finished 2 round of phone interviews by the 3rd week since applying.

The 1st phone interview was similar to the online personality test. The second interview was a mix of arbitrary questions with job experience questions. Interviewed by someone who was only having a ONE-WAY CONVERSATION with me. She was not allowed to answer any clarifying questions and was only asking questions.

Lots of "coming from the left field" questions. See interview Questions below. Weird and uncomfortable. And at times very intrusive. I didn't think it makes sense to talk about certain things with someone who was not having a conversation with you. It felt stupid, rigid, and dumb. And amazingly this is a company that deals with people as their main business.

The approach seem jaded and based on over-rated "scientific approach". However, seeing this process as a glimpse of this company, it answers questions about what it must be like to work there, and why they cannot fill this position for over 130 days.

To be fair though, the process was organized and prompt. The Glassdoor interview experiences shared online, and other reviews certainly helped a lot. (Glassdoor:1, Gallup:0)

Client Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Within one week of applying, I got an email from them telling me to call their scheduling center to set up an interview. Earliest opening was a week later. I know a lot of previous reviews mentioned how robotic the whole phone interview was so I was mentally prepared but it was still very weird and uncomfortable. The interviewer sounded like a robot reading off a list of survey questions. The interview lasted about 30 min and most of the questions were yes or no questions with some asking for elaboration and some asking to rate yourself on a scale 1-5. There was no questions related to the actual position or you skills and the interviewer didn't answer any question about the actual position, she kept saying to save it for the hiring manager. Then 2 days later I got an email saying my profile didn't fit any of their current openings. Such a waste of time, felt like I was tricked into taking a survey.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online-Day 0. Application included a Personality Assessment Test, which must be passed in order for you to get to the second interview; phone interview. The assessment test ask a lot of questions regarding your ability to multi-task, views on working in a team setting, ability to prioritize task throughout day, and willingness to sale and market other materials.

Interview Questions

• I would like a job where I am paid by my performance. (Strongly disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, or Strongly Agree)   1 Answer

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and got a phone call from them a week later for the 1st round interview. It was a set of behavioral questions and I thought it was easy but I didn't get the 2nd interview.

Learning & Development Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

2 personality tests online. 1 on the phone. another phone interview was a mix of standard interview questions and some personality inquiry. She asked about examples of leadership, ability to work independently, values regarding money, and value regarding team work and professional relationships. On the phone interview, the person was acting like a robot, she was only allowed to have an one-way conversation with me, not allowed to explain her questions. Many of her questions would make me want to say "it depends on the situation". My view is that If you are working with people, you can't be using the same tool to respond to different situations. however the way the questions were asked, were forcing me to respond as if there's only 1 way.
    Generally speaking, any interview process is a snapshot of what a company is like. I am not surprised that Gallup is seeing itself legging behind other consulting companies.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a caring person?   1 Answer
    • What is a lot of money?   1 Answer
    • When you drive around going about your day alone, what do you think about?   1 Answer

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

nonstop personality questions. No real talking with the interviewer. You can barely explain yourself for certain questions when you want to. There are mostly all behavioral questions. It takes about 30 minutes because it consists of 50 questions. It's basically a personality exam you take online but with a person. It can be a little initimidating.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two telephone interviews that gauged behavior and reasoning as well as work expectations with Gallup - salary, work environment etc. The interviewer does not engage with the candidate, merely reading questions and recording the candidates responses. If the candidate successfully passes the two telephone interviews, then they are invited to a formal face to face interview that includes more typical questions and interview engagement.

Interview Questions

• How would other people describe your work style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary includes a base and pay for performance.