Gallup Client Development Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gallup Client Development Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallup

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through University Career site. Basic application, plus a personality test online. Received email to set up Interview. The 1st phone interview was a personality interview. They seem to be concerned if you will be a good fit for their corporate culture. I think that is a good thing they can teach skills, but they can not change peoples personality. The phone interview was very quick and they fire the questions at you fast

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online for a Client Services role (which was filled a few days after applying). As mentioned by others, you complete an online assessment with your first application that is saves for all future roles. I then applied a week or so later to the Client Development role and by that afternoon had received an email that they wanted to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a series of rapid fire questions (similar to the personality test) but by an interviewer. You were asked to provide a short explanation/answer and they would ask for any further details if needed.

Within a week I received a response that I wasn't moving forward in the process. It was an interesting interview process to go through and scheduling was very easy/efficient. There isn't really a way to prep for this type of interview other than to answer honestly as best you can and let their "system" determine if you are a fit...

Interview Questions

• Some example questions were:
      - Would you prefer to work alone or with a team?
      - Are you harder on yourself or others?
      - Would you prefer to have a salesperson who is a high performer (makes lot of sales) but is terrible to work with or someone who makes less in sales but it a better part of the team.
      - Should a person's compensation be tied to their productivity?   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Initially contacted by the recruitment team and was scheduled for a telephone based structured interview. I had two of these telephone based interviews prior to interviewing onsight at the beautiful DC office. Very much enjoyed the process, as the interviewers asked thought provoking questions. I felt at ease through the process because Gallup values relationships and strives to make the recruitment process world-class.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions felt difficult as they were asked in a way that made the process seamless and conversational. After coming on board I had the opportunity to spend time with a Strengths coach to discuss my talents and strengths. Every company should onboard employees with coaching sessions as it is highly engaging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

1 Submitted my online application, including the long online assessment

2 Contacted in 1-2 business weeks to set up a phone interview (1st via email, then called 1x per day until I was able to call back and schedule. This took 1 email and 2 phone calls before I was able to call back and schedule)

3 Scheduler (I assume an admin of some type) offered me a more flexible Saturday interview time (wow! a Saturday time? so I didn't have to do it during my lunch break?)

4 Complete phone interview- she simply asked questions, repeated when necessary, and recorded my answers. From my research, I found that it was supposed to last anywhere from 30-45 mins- my interview finished in under 25 mins.

5 She the informed me that I'd be contacted either way in 5-7 days...which I currently am in

*next step (provided by interviewer) another phone interview, if passes, the face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• (not exact wording) Would you rather work with an excellent team who only generated 1 million USD or with a partner (who you hated) but could generate 2 million USD.

(this was the only question I had her repeat)   1 Answer

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

two phone interviews, the first one is half an hour, the second one is one hour, and then an interview with the hiring manager. The first two was pretty straight forward and also different from any other kind of interviews. All behavior questions and they need your first instinct response.

Interview Questions

• Don't hesitate too long or speak too much, straight to the answer and don't expand unless you hear "please give me an example"..   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I found the job online through my University's career website and contacted the recruited. From there I was instructed to go online to fill out an application and do the gallup assessment. I then did a phone interview with about 40 questions. I was asked to continue on to the next round which was an interview of 80 questions. She wasn't able to finish in the first go around so we reschedule another date to finish the questions. This part of the process took 2 months. I was finally contacted by a recruiter who said she would submit my resume to the hiring managers to see if they were interested in my application. Unfortunately, all of the positions were filled by the time I got to this point. She tried submitting my resume to the hiring managers outside of my chosen location but, in the end, I did not go to the next round. The Gallup recruiter called me to say I did not advance to the next round. This entire process lasted 4 months! A good point was that the recruiter was very nice and gently let me down. :)

Interview Questions

• How much is a lot of money to you? A lot of explaining as to why you chose your answer (they are looking for real examples of what you did in the past). In my perspective, if she's asking you to give an example, you're on the right track.   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in March 2013.

Interview

2nd interview - After the first interview, they told me 'on the phone' that they were scheduling a second. (I AM WAITING FOR THE NEXT INTERVIEW.) They'll be calling me to schedule the next one in 3-5 days.

It was certainly MUCH more intense that the first interview. At one point, I looked at my clock & realized only 30 minutes had passed & I had another 30 to go.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite psychological theories?
      Which are most relevant to you and people you have coached?
      What do you want to be paid?
      -Just about EVERY question has an explanation that's needed.

Tell me about a time you took a company from bad to better.
      Explain an aggressive work situation.
      Explain a time when you had to be aggressive at work.
      Explain a time when you were in the wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The overall process was very mysterious. No feedback, and no real interaction with the company. All they want to do is ask you rapid-fire questions, and most related to sales. Conducted the initial online application, and received a call in 2 days for the initial phone. Did well I suppose, and received a call the next day for a follow-on interview. The second call was for about an hour, same type of questions but some really deviate from the job description (how much money is too much? great questions, how about a billion!) Not the most pleasant of interviews, but it matches with their culture. Not sure if it really drives the best candidate to the front though. Also, position applied for was no longer posted during the interview process, so maybe they found someone before I finished interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The money question is the one that stands out most, forgot about the others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I went through an online questionnaire, three phone interviews and a final face-to-face interview with the regional president and performance manager. The entire process took about four months. Initially, I applied for a position in the Irvine office and then half way through was told the only position available was in the Chicago office. I was told that I was one of four candidates and they only were going to hire one candidate at the time.

Interview Questions

• They are very adamant about consultative selling and want rainmakers to find new clients to sell their services. Tell me a time when you used consultative selling to close a deal.....Tell me a time when you.....

All of the interviews are behavioral until you reach the final face-to-face interviews. They are looking for a specific type of person so there is no point in faking it. There are no case interview questions like other consulting firms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in September 2012.

Interview

Took a lengthy test to determine if I was a "fit" for the firm. A few days later I was notified that I passed the test and would be interviewed by phone. The phone interview was very strange, as the interviewer just shot rapid fire questions while showing no emotion, about 40 questions in 30 minutes. Made it to the next round, another phone interview (this time an hour long) with the same format. A few days later I found out that I didn't "fit" any available roles.