Gallup Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.3

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

There was an application, an hour long assessment, an hour and a half of phone interviews and then an in person interview. It was all very impersonal and structured. Little opportunity was given to say anything you wanted to and no opportunity was given to find out anything about what it would be like to work there, how much the role pays or anything regarding the benefits. What is most disconcerting is the form email that I received after this time investment. If a company takes over 2 hours of your time, they should call or email you and not send an automated email.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you gave someone advice   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The interview process is quite long. You will have 2 personality phone interviews. Initial interview with recruiter. 1 phone interview with hiring manager. On site interview with managers and one team member. Good luck

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

1. Online assessment 2. Phone interview with Analyst 3. Phone Interview with recruiter 4. in person interview.

Gallup is heavy on the assessments. Always answer clearly, to the point and when answering questions of the type: On a scale of 1-10...Always answer definitely.

Interview Questions

• Experiencial questions.

1. Leadership type questions
      2. Personality type questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Interviewees beware: This was quite possibly the strangest and most frustrating interview process I have ever experienced, and I have been working and interviewing for well over a decade.

As others have mentioned, it started with an online evaluation which seemed somewhat normal, (albeit annoying) but once someone from their recruiting team reached out to me, things started getting weird. I got a strange, vague email (full of typos and grammatical errors-red flag #1!) almost immediately from someone on their recruiting team, and agreed to speak with him on the phone. The conversation was odd, as he asked me a few additional questions, but mostly talked about himself and how great the company is.

He clearly knew very little about what skills were actually required for the role they were filling, and basically told me that skills don't matter and they they hire based on personality alone. ( I found this particularly odd since the role required extremely specialized skills and expertise.)

I decided to ignore my gut that something was off about the recruiter and their process and agreed to move forward with the phone portion of the interview process, which as others have mentioned basically entails you speaking with someone who asks you a series of questions that you have to answer off the cuff, and that they are not allowed to elaborate on. The whole thing was extremely awkward, as they ask you to draw on experiences from your professional and personal experience, and you end up having to get into some pretty specific details. Also, the entire conversation is taped.

After spewing stories to a robotic stranger on the phone, she told me that her team would analyze the "interview" and that i'd hear back from them about next few days. When I finally did get a call back from the recruiter, he told me that my responses were "good", but that I just wasn't the personality type that they are looking for. Once again the conversation was extremely awkward, and I left it shaking my head, wondering how in the world they are going to fill a specialized role based solely on a strange personality test...

As others have said, I almost felt as if they were using this process to collect data or to test some new tool, and that it might not have been a true interview. Either way, it was a bizarre experience and I'd highly advise interviewing at companies that don't put prospective candidates through such a strange and frustrating process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in January 2016.

Interview

The existing reviews do an excellent job of describing the early stages of the interview process with Gallup — apply online, invited to analytical interview over the phone within the next week, a second analytical interview if that goes well. I didn't find them to be particularly challenging or unpleasant, but your mileage may vary. However, these two hour-long analytical interviews are only the beginning of a very long interview process.

I was moved forward in the hiring process after the two analytical interviews. Over the course of the next two weeks, I had four more half-hour interviews, including two with an internal recruiter and two with hiring managers. These were all fairly standard behavioral interviews. I was given to understand that if I had moved forward, there would have been at least one last interview — a total of 7 interviews for a fairly junior role. This strikes me as excessive.

About two weeks passed after my 6th interview, and I reached out to follow-up because I had received another offer. I was told that they were not moving forward with my candidacy. I got the distinct sense that I would never have heard from anyone at Gallup again had I not contacted them, which is frustrating after such a protracted interview process.

Interview Questions

• Analytical questions identical to what's already been posted; standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The on line assessment takes about 40 minutes. Don't let any distractions get in the way. After a day, I received and email saying they were excited to talk to me further and to call them to set up a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you a caring person? Give an example   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Psych based process- rapid fire questions- really looking for a good fit, not just "can you get or do the job". I really liked the way the interview did her job and they were very clear about how the interview would work. I would recommend being prepared with scenarios as a follow up to the questions... "Do you consider yourself an honest person"? Followed by: Give an example of a situation where honesty had to be exhibited.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to make a call and handle a stressful upset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume and completing a 40-minute online survey, I was invited for a phone interview. The phone interview followed a structured script with pre-set questions, was recorded and lasted 45 minutes. It covered many of the same personality and job preference questions as the online survey, making it difficult for me to tell my story.

Interview Questions

• Who pays you? Does the company pay you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Highly structured, highly process driven, professional and molded to company culture. People who complain about Gallup 's interview process probably didn't have a good feel for how long the process would take. I think Gallup could improve that aspect of the process regarding communicating time lines and amount of time you'll spend on each stage. That said, Gallup us not an organization where to "get" a job. It's a match driven process. Obviously there are drawbacks to that methodology but at thr end of the day, it is a remarkably professional process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very rigid - not conversational at all. I had two phone interviews. At the end of the second interview, the "analyst" informed me that, based on the results of the interview, the hiring manager would likely choose to speak with me. A week later, I received an automated email reply: "no positions that match your profile at this time" - (or something similar).

Overall, if you approach the interview with the right mindset, it's actually kinda fun. They ask unique questions that get you thinking in a way that you're likely not used to.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as:
      How do you prefer to be paid?
      Who pays you?
      Is it important to be paid based on performance or workload?   Answer Question