Gallup Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.3

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, with a personality test, heard back about the interview within 1 week via email and phone. Interviewed twice on the phone, both a week apart. Finished 2 round of phone interviews by the 3rd week since applying.

The 1st phone interview was similar to the online personality test. The second interview was a mix of arbitrary questions with job experience questions. Interviewed by someone who was only having a ONE-WAY CONVERSATION with me. She was not allowed to answer any clarifying questions and was only asking questions.

Lots of "coming from the left field" questions. See interview Questions below. Weird and uncomfortable. And at times very intrusive. I didn't think it makes sense to talk about certain things with someone who was not having a conversation with you. It felt stupid, rigid, and dumb. And amazingly this is a company that deals with people as their main business.

The approach seem jaded and based on over-rated "scientific approach". However, seeing this process as a glimpse of this company, it answers questions about what it must be like to work there, and why they cannot fill this position for over 130 days.

To be fair though, the process was organized and prompt. The Glassdoor interview experiences shared online, and other reviews certainly helped a lot. (Glassdoor:1, Gallup:0)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Same as the other reviews. Submitted online and then received a phone interview. After the interview, I was told I will move to the next round. Second phone interview was set up for the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After "passing" their online assessment, they email/call you to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasts about 30-45 minutes. They ask a series of questions, sometimes expanding on some to either clarify or "dig deeper". The phone interviewers responses to the answers is usual "uh-huh" and then at the end of the interview you are told that a ream will be reviewing the recording of the interview and respond back if they feel you will be a fit for the company.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a couple of days later telling me that I was scheduled for a phone screening interview. The phone interview was very fast paced.

Consultant Interview

Interview

It's been a few years. It was a lot of phone interviews and then one in person interview. Overall the process wasn't too challenging. I enjoyed it. There were a lot of tests that you had to take but there was no case study or anything like a lot of traditional consulting firms. Since Gallup, isn't a traditional firm, just be prepared to be shocked when you get in. Culture shock for sure.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions... read about them on glassdoor   Answer Question

Negotiation

no real negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Unfortunately I can't give too much information because I didn't make it very far in the interview process. The application includes a really long personality test so they can make sure you are a 'fit' for the company. If you make it onto the next round, you get a phone interview- this is rapid fire questions and you are not allowed to ask for clarification. Loved that Gallup uses their own survey techniques for hiring purposes. Unfortunately, I was not quite what they were looking for. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I like to give gifts to people and then followed up by asking to describe the most recent gift I had given... Wasn't expecting that   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The questions that were asked are more like IQ test. everything i have prepared like STAR stories, behavioral interview questions were not used during the first round of interview.

Interview Questions

• questions asked like are you good on the phone? are you a self motivator or not... I did not expect questions like these at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE).

Interview

A tougher than hell telephonic interview!

Interview Questions

• Well, its just a lot of behavioral questions all the way through. They'd be very extensive in questioning.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 interviews: 1) Phone interview (which is recorded), 2) in person interview with recruiter, 3) case interview to a panel

Interview Questions

• Recorded interview; 50 questions on random topics: i.e. "What do you think about while driving?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Very strange first interview conducted like a structured research interview, the interview could not respond to any questions or comments, and the whole thing was recorded. Now, even if I apply for other positions, my same application and recording are used to evaluate me. It's like they assume you wouldn't tailor the interview/application to the position.

Interview Questions

• N/A none of the questions were hard or strange, only the format and the fact that once you've interviewed for one position, you cannot interview again for any others.   Answer Question