Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.1

Associate Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed their behavioral assessment. Got a call for the next round which is a video conference with the team. Interviewed by the hiring manager, technical lead and two senior engineers. Questions were full on technical and asked to code some simple algorithms using Java or Python, lot of Machine Learning questions and asked about my grad school projects

Interview Questions

• Big O, Java Strings - regex, Classification and SVM, College Projects, On Campus Jobs, Big Data technologies   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Applied online, took talent assessment, was contacted to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interview was challenging, preparing your answers is helpful. Be able to give examples to back up your answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallup in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very structured, to the extent of feeling robotic. Interviewer told me that it was being recorded and then fired questions one of the other. It was clear that she was reading off of a list. Did not feel like a discussion.

Interview Questions

• How competitive would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-5   1 Answer
    • Would you rather have a job that ended when you left the office or was more involved than that?   Answer Question
    • What are qualities that you look for in your friends?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Regional Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in September 2016.

Interview

Application submission via their website brings you directly to a 45 minute online assessment. Essentially it's a behavioral assessment that asks similar questions numerous ways to try to trip you up. If that looks good they will schedule you for a 45-60 minute "interview" with a recruitment analyst that asks you the same style of questions verbally and asks for specific examples. It was very frustrating to answer the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were optimistic in the face of group pessismism?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Online survey to phone interview to video conference to video conference to in person

Tried to get offer to use against another offer that was on table....the most unprofessional place I have ever interviewed. Two of the interviewers were laughing before the start of the call. To boot one interviewer asked if I was a 'schizoid', then said just kidding, then laughed at the end with some other troll in a remote office; both should be fired and Gallup sued for harassment and bullying. They think their personality test reveals some form of personality disorders. There is NO doubt they record everything and when you think your only talking with one person, HR and others no doubt is observing every motion you make in a room that is also obviously videotaped. The HR person will warmup to you before every call,for the sole purpose of trying to get you on a personal basis, so come negotiation time, they think you wont negotiate as from a psychological perspective, in theory, one would not negotiate hard with someone a personal basis. Whatever, your strengths finder lacks detection that one is 10 steps ahead of you. If you deviate from any original response from the online survey, I guess they label you as a 'schizoid' and laugh about you. Twisted folk.

The best was when I asked a Senior person, what the long term vision of the company, the indoctrinated 'family' lifer insisted their 'strengths' was going to be the place of growth, far more in excess of analytics, they will put a 'little' money in analytics but far more in strengths. I almost fell off my chair and laughed at this buffoon. They are out of touch with reality if they think their 'strengths' will exceed a 100BB (and growing) market, shocked at such an ignorant response. This response also speaks thunders to all reviews who touched upon nepotism. When something is so personal to you, you lose touch with reality and its clear Gallup is out of touch with reality. They are ranked last, 30th, for management consulting; they were too late to the game on MC to compete with anyone worthy. Their erroneous predictions are a testament.

Do not let them go more than 1 week before getting back to you,don't let them use you,use them :-)

Gallup had their moment in history, times have changed and I suggest you pursue more innovative.

They do have a nice office in DC, but never judge a book by its cover, One of the interviewers was intelligent, the rest frat personalities.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The interview process is quite long. You will have 2 personality phone interviews. Initial interview with recruiter. 1 phone interview with hiring manager. On site interview with managers and one team member. Good luck

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Applied through company portal and received an email one week later inviting me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was essentially a repeat personality questionnaire (similar to the one that's part of the application) and the talent analyst had no info when I asked about the position, responsibilities, growth opportunities etc. She offered to put me in touch with the hiring manager and didn't follow through.
    Received rejection email 3 days later.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in August 2016.

Interview

Much as stated from others on here. Long assessment online at time of application. Email id they wan to talk to you or tell your not a good fit. Set up time to take phone assessment. Take phone assessment which is rapid fire questions scheduled for 90 minutes yet I finished in 34. Every "yes" you need to have an example. Write down some times you were awesome, exceeded expectations, where told you were the best, won an award, helped others etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you changed someone's life in the last month?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I initially interacted with a talent acquisition specialist on a well-known professional job board; she set up on online interview followed by a 50 minute phone interview. There was a one week delay between each stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• "Are you the type of person that likes to help other people?" "Do you prefer a 9-5 schedule or a more flexible work schedule?" "Have you ever taken a personality test in the past and, if so, what were the results?" "Do you prefer a fixed salary, or a salary with bonuses and incentives?"   1 Answer

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Focus was on previous experiences in C# development and other programming language experience. Interested in knowing zealousness to achieve success at work. They asked alot of questions about how I worked with others, what work I had done previously and at what stage the job was at. They want to know if you would need alot of supervision so they would ask what is your working style. They asked how much you knew about the company.