Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with an agent from Nebraska. They asked lots of questions and wanted a quick response. Several questions involved ranking myself from 1-5 on areas like math ability, writing skills, competitiveness.

Interview Questions

• Do you tend to control a conversation? What do you think about when you are driving? Do you like math? Why? Are you a good writer?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in April 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was a set of twenty questions that asked about the applicant's personality. The interviewer could not expand on the questions, and only repeated questions at the request of the applicant. The process took around an hour with only one question asked in relation to the position.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Once you submit your application online, you will be directed to a online assessment. If you pass that you will receive an email to call an 800 to setup an appoint with a screener. The screener will give you a series of questions (60) that they can't explain and need an answer for. On some of the questions they ask to explain more. If you pass that, you will receive an appointment for another phone interview. Basically the same questions with a couple related to the position your applying for. There were a lot more questions. All of these conversations are recorded. If you make it past that part you will get to actually discuss the job. I didn't! After reading reviews sounds like a koolaid factory.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Series of a couple phone interviews, behavioral based questions. Was told would get call back or email. did and had an in person interview with a few different people.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

First you have to do an online assessment and then if you pass you get a phone interview. Be prepared to answer the phone interview questions briefly. If they want to know more they will ask.

Interview Questions

• They asked 75 questions in a span of 45 mins.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a 45 minute phone interview that paralleled the online personality assessment when you first apply. There were 65 questions, and most were designed to be answered immediately. Your work attitudes, perceptions of excellence, self-image construct and team values were all tested. Overall, if you are comfortable in your own skill, take care of those around you, and strive to be the best in all you do, the questions were not jarring by any stretch!

Interview Questions

• Are you a very competitive person? Answer on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being "very."   Answer Question

Survey Research Methodologists Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

They have you fill out a 45 minute personality inventory online when you apply. The first interview is a structured interview where they ask you similar questions to the ones in the inventory. They're looking for short answers or even just yes/no answers. The questions ask about salary, perfectionism, working with others, and management. Three days after completing this first interview they emailed me to tell me I was a bad fit. I have to say that the interview experience was pretty off-putting. First, they made me schedule my own interview, which is not a great recruiting technique. Second, I answered their personality questions in a perfectly normal way, so I was surprised they rejected me on that alone.

Interview Questions

• Do you think people should be paid a set amount or be paid based on performance? Do you try hard? (y/n) Should managers pay attention to high performers or low performers? Are you more responsible than most people?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

One, two, or three phone call sessions of rapid-fire questions which are used to gauge if you're suited for the position and how well you'll fit in with Gallup's culture. If you make it to the next stage, you'll interview in person with one (or two) members of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with numbers? Give an example.   1 Answer

Survey Research Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

During the application you complete a behavioral quiz that is basically their Strengthsfinder 2.0 questions. I had applied for a survey research job but the quiz must have said I was better suited for a Client Services Consultant position because I received an interview date for that position. It was frustrating because the first phone interviews are with interviewers who know nothing about the position, so couldn't find out what happened to the survey position.

Interview Questions

• I prepared based off of the behavioral questions other people put up here, a lot of them were the same, the ones about performance based compensation, etc. Would you rather have a pleasant but average worker or someone who excels but is difficult to work with. Most of them were either strengthsfider 2.0 questions.   1 Answer
    • I appreciate their process and what they're trying to do with the strengthsfider survey, and match people to their strengths, but I think they need a little more HR communication with applicants-- it comes off a little inhumane and one-sided to fire a bunch of questions at you and record it, but you are not able to find out more about the position or process really.   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

Take a long internet screening survey. Go to a group interview where they just try to brainwash you into loving Gallup. Get the job. This is a job for people who aren't qualified to do anything else.

Interview Questions

• You just have to read a sample question on a screen.   1 Answer