Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.1

Manager/Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to do a behavioral questionaire. I received a confirmation emailed that my application was being reviewed. The next day, I received another email asking to call to setup a phone interview. The interview was 75 questions that was mostly about managerial behavior. The interview lasted 45 minutes.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 2 telephone interviews, the first one was around 45 minutes they ask questions that you have to answear according to what comes to your mind first, the second interview took 60 minutes and they ask you for examples. They want positive people, with empathy, that is active. My recommendation is be honest because they ask the same thing in different ways to try to see if you are consistent.

Interview Questions

• What do you take pride in?
      How much do you want the persons you work for to like you?
      What is your greatest satisfaction?
      How important is seniority on deciding who will be promoted?
      Which is more important to you, to have a good salary or have a good boss?
      What World You say have ben your highlights in the Past 3 years?
      Ha e You done something to help someone in the past 2 weeks?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

10 week process. 1 online questionnaire, followed by 2 phone questionnaires. Then 30 min phone call with recruiter, followed by a coaching session and a phone interview with the hiring manager at the local office. Finally, there was a 3 hour in person interview with 5 employees.

The process is very long. Im sure they miss out on a lot of talent because of this.

Interview Questions

• The personality assessment part (online and the 2 phone follow up) are modeled after the Gallup Strengthsfinder questions.

Once you get to the recruiter, it's all basic behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time you had trouble with a customer", or "if you were an animal, what animal would you be"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in May 2016.

Interview

I initially thought it was going to be a one-on-one interviewer, but I was called by the company location's business administrator. It turned out to be a panel type interview, after being called for an interview. Prior to this, there is a personality screening to see if you would fit the job description.

Interview Questions

• To describe something you were the best at.   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

When you are taking the online personality quiz, remember your answers! The phone interviewer will ask you these questions again, but this time he will ask you why, how, what do you mean? You will also be asked to rate yourself on a scale of 1-5. If you do well on the phone interview you will be invited to the group interview.

As other reviewers have stated, this feels more like an orientation. They give you a folder with information about Gallup, the position, working hours, benefits, etc. During the group interview, they asked two questions and went around the room giving everyone an opportunity to answer. There was a PowerPoint presentation with sample polling questions you may ask customers when making outbound calls. Everyone is required to read a paragraph or so to demonstrate their phone voice.

Important takeaways: Gallup is not looking for career professionals for this position. They specifically stated "this is not a foot in the door position." Translation: This is a dead end job, so you better be ok with that. They also stated, "if there is another position within Gallup you want then you should rescind your application for this position." Further, they explain that after your first 4 months, you are free to apply for another position, but your application will be thrown in with all other external applicants. They do not hire from within. Moreover, the interviewees are mostly 16 and 17 year olds.

The $11/hour is smoke and mirrors. It is only promised for your first 8 weeks. After that, you are working on a per interview completed commission. You will never make less than minimum wage/hour but you are never guaranteed to make more than that.

Finally, this group interview may feel like an orientation but you are still not guaranteed the job. You will receive an email a couple of hours later either with an invitation to complete a background check or a canned email which states: "the position for which you applied is not one that would take full advantage of your strengths."

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Gallup that nobody else will? Name a time when you were the best at something.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with an agent from Nebraska. They asked lots of questions and wanted a quick response. Several questions involved ranking myself from 1-5 on areas like math ability, writing skills, competitiveness.

Interview Questions

• Do you tend to control a conversation? What do you think about when you are driving? Do you like math? Why? Are you a good writer?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Once you submit your application online, you will be directed to a online assessment. If you pass that you will receive an email to call an 800 to setup an appoint with a screener. The screener will give you a series of questions (60) that they can't explain and need an answer for. On some of the questions they ask to explain more. If you pass that, you will receive an appointment for another phone interview. Basically the same questions with a couple related to the position your applying for. There were a lot more questions. All of these conversations are recorded. If you make it past that part you will get to actually discuss the job. I didn't! After reading reviews sounds like a koolaid factory.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Series of a couple phone interviews, behavioral based questions. Was told would get call back or email. did and had an in person interview with a few different people.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in April 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was a set of twenty questions that asked about the applicant's personality. The interviewer could not expand on the questions, and only repeated questions at the request of the applicant. The process took around an hour with only one question asked in relation to the position.

Client Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

First you have to do an online assessment and then if you pass you get a phone interview. Be prepared to answer the phone interview questions briefly. If they want to know more they will ask.

Interview Questions

• They asked 75 questions in a span of 45 mins.   1 Answer