Gallup Interview Questions in Nebraska | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

3.6

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview regarding different situations and opinions on how a company should reward employees, deal with struggling employees, and compensate successful employees. Much info can be found online. Answer honestly because they "circle" questions to check if your answers are consistent, and not just what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Should a manager spend more time with the lowest or highest performing employees?   Answer Question

Regional Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

About 110 questions in a 90 minute period, very intense and a mix of abstract questions like "Work, Family, Ethics - which one comes first?", along with personality questions "Do you feel you are resilient - why or why not?", and performance based questions like "Tell me the toughest situation you've encountered professionally?"

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager telephoned right on time and advised that the interview is being recorded for assessment afterwards. She asked me to say my name, spell it, confirm what position i was applying for and lastly my current position. If at any time any question was not clear she would be happy to repeat and i should answer all questions spontaneously.

Telephone interview lasted and hour and had about 40+ questions

Interview Questions

• is it ok to tell a customer NO?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up to date on current events?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

I am referred from my cousin. Firstly their will be a online test. We need to pass that test. It will last for 1 hour. Immediately after we are done with test in good marks then we will get skype interview. We need to perform well in that skype intervew. But I failed.

Interview Questions

• Difference between object and interface   1 Answer

Manager/Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to do a behavioral questionaire. I received a confirmation emailed that my application was being reviewed. The next day, I received another email asking to call to setup a phone interview. The interview was 75 questions that was mostly about managerial behavior. The interview lasted 45 minutes.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

When you are taking the online personality quiz, remember your answers! The phone interviewer will ask you these questions again, but this time he will ask you why, how, what do you mean? You will also be asked to rate yourself on a scale of 1-5. If you do well on the phone interview you will be invited to the group interview.

As other reviewers have stated, this feels more like an orientation. They give you a folder with information about Gallup, the position, working hours, benefits, etc. During the group interview, they asked two questions and went around the room giving everyone an opportunity to answer. There was a PowerPoint presentation with sample polling questions you may ask customers when making outbound calls. Everyone is required to read a paragraph or so to demonstrate their phone voice.

Important takeaways: Gallup is not looking for career professionals for this position. They specifically stated "this is not a foot in the door position." Translation: This is a dead end job, so you better be ok with that. They also stated, "if there is another position within Gallup you want then you should rescind your application for this position." Further, they explain that after your first 4 months, you are free to apply for another position, but your application will be thrown in with all other external applicants. They do not hire from within. Moreover, the interviewees are mostly 16 and 17 year olds.

The $11/hour is smoke and mirrors. It is only promised for your first 8 weeks. After that, you are working on a per interview completed commission. You will never make less than minimum wage/hour but you are never guaranteed to make more than that.

Finally, this group interview may feel like an orientation but you are still not guaranteed the job. You will receive an email a couple of hours later either with an invitation to complete a background check or a canned email which states: "the position for which you applied is not one that would take full advantage of your strengths."

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Gallup that nobody else will? Name a time when you were the best at something.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Once you submit your application online, you will be directed to a online assessment. If you pass that you will receive an email to call an 800 to setup an appoint with a screener. The screener will give you a series of questions (60) that they can't explain and need an answer for. On some of the questions they ask to explain more. If you pass that, you will receive an appointment for another phone interview. Basically the same questions with a couple related to the position your applying for. There were a lot more questions. All of these conversations are recorded. If you make it past that part you will get to actually discuss the job. I didn't! After reading reviews sounds like a koolaid factory.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

Received an email requesting me to fill out an online, 45 minute questionnaire. Approximately 3 days later, I was given instructions to call the Omaha office. At that time, I made an appointment to conduct a telephone interview with a Gallup screener.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very rigid - not conversational at all. I had two phone interviews. At the end of the second interview, the "analyst" informed me that, based on the results of the interview, the hiring manager would likely choose to speak with me. A week later, I received an automated email reply: "no positions that match your profile at this time" - (or something similar).

Overall, if you approach the interview with the right mindset, it's actually kinda fun. They ask unique questions that get you thinking in a way that you're likely not used to.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as:
      How do you prefer to be paid?
      Who pays you?
      Is it important to be paid based on performance or workload?
      Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied- day 0; Invitation to proceed with phone interview- day 7; Phone interview- day 9; Non-selection email day 14.

It was a very bizarre and uncomfortable experience. There is no personal interaction or soft take-off for the interview, you go straight into it. The interviewer acts as a human robot reading questions and cannot give any additional information or react to how you answer.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they select candidates to interview as a means of gathering data.

After we ended the call I had already made the decision that I did not want to pursue employment with this company; there is a complete lack of human connection.

It was a mindfork- deliberately confusing and manipulatory.

Interview Questions

• <note> there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the interview stating that their interview questions are proprietary and they are not to be shared. That said....
      What do you think about when you're driving?
      1 Answer