Gallup Interview Questions in Nebraska | Glassdoor

Gallup Interview Questions in Nebraska

Updated Jan 28, 2017

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

Received an email requesting me to fill out an online, 45 minute questionnaire. Approximately 3 days later, I was given instructions to call the Omaha office. At that time, I made an appointment to conduct a telephone interview with a Gallup screener.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very rigid - not conversational at all. I had two phone interviews. At the end of the second interview, the "analyst" informed me that, based on the results of the interview, the hiring manager would likely choose to speak with me. A week later, I received an automated email reply: "no positions that match your profile at this time" - (or something similar).

Overall, if you approach the interview with the right mindset, it's actually kinda fun. They ask unique questions that get you thinking in a way that you're likely not used to.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as:
      How do you prefer to be paid?
      Who pays you?
      Is it important to be paid based on performance or workload?
      Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied- day 0; Invitation to proceed with phone interview- day 7; Phone interview- day 9; Non-selection email day 14.

It was a very bizarre and uncomfortable experience. There is no personal interaction or soft take-off for the interview, you go straight into it. The interviewer acts as a human robot reading questions and cannot give any additional information or react to how you answer.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they select candidates to interview as a means of gathering data.

After we ended the call I had already made the decision that I did not want to pursue employment with this company; there is a complete lack of human connection.

It was a mindfork- deliberately confusing and manipulatory.

Interview Questions

• <note> there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the interview stating that their interview questions are proprietary and they are not to be shared. That said....
      What do you think about when you're driving?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Very UNformal, everyone dressed very unprofessional and casual, group interview. No individual questions were asked, everyone just went around and read a prompt. It started going around the room, introducing names, schools, and interests. Next, we read the questions through the most common poll, and each person took a turn reading a question. A tour was given throughout the building and that was it. They did a background check, but 95% they'll hire whoever is applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a time set up for a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview called promptly on time. I was a little thrown off that my caller ID showed the call was from Canada. The interviewer was pleasant but it was question and answer, not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe it is ever ok to lie? Would people who know you say that you are reliable? Do you like to arrive at work early? Why do you like to arrive at work early? How do you feel about unfinished work?   1 Answer

Corporate Strength Fitness Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

Online assessment followed by an in-depth phone screen consisting of 90-100 questions over a 50 minute time period. Answered concisely within 30 seconds, yet comprehensively and thoroughly. Everyone should note this method does result in a large proportion of false positives (Type 1 error), so enter the process with the knowledge you may be rejected while being a perfect fit for the position and culture.

I was made aware of one false positive when I interviewed for a staffing agency in town the next day and asked the President/Owner if he was conducting a Gallup interview, since every question and the format/structure were the same. He informed me that he worked at Gallup for 4 years previously, but his interview assessment was proprietary. Gallup's method of assessment and selection certainly didn't exclude the unscrupulous individuals lacking integrity in this instance. Be cognizant that they rely solely on this method for selection, and readily accept its inherent flaws, before engaging in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you try to get people to like you? Followed later by "Do you go out of your way to get people to like you?"   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

three phone call interview, lots of questions.. each interview took about an hour. Lots of personality questions. I felt that they wanted to see how well you answered questions about yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if your interview passed their review, you'll get a call to do a quick phone interview. Then you'll likely get scheduled for a interview day in person. It is a group interview so it is super laid back, and they make you feel welcomed. After the group interview, you'll likely go to the training which takes about three days, which is once again done in groups and is super easy.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your "hot buttons"?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It is a very super easy interview, just don't over think it. Everyone is laid back, nice and helpful. You should have no problem at all!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

There was an online assessment when I applied. After that I had 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview. The phone interviews were very regimented and quick fire questions. You could not ask them to elaborate on the question, all you could do is ask them to repeat the question

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer salary or performance based pay?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

This was an extremely easy hiring process. I got a call about three days after I applied and I was invited to a group interview the following week and started the week after that. There is a short phone interview where they ask basic questions, that require almost no thinking.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work 20 hours per week?
      Why did you choose to apply at Gallup?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Answer Question