Gallup Interview Questions in Omaha, NE | Glassdoor

3.3

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Large group interview of 30 potential workers and 2 recruiting people. It was extremely relaxed and casual! You were told you could even wear jeans. Everyone talked about themselves and goals and then we all went through a trial of what a call would be like. It took about an hour.

Systems Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

You have to first do an online personality test; then you go through an interview with a manager. There can be many interviews with the manager, or like me, you can go through one and be hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my major and if I liked computer science.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview regarding different situations and opinions on how a company should reward employees, deal with struggling employees, and compensate successful employees. Much info can be found online. Answer honestly because they "circle" questions to check if your answers are consistent, and not just what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Should a manager spend more time with the lowest or highest performing employees?   Answer Question

Regional Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

About 110 questions in a 90 minute period, very intense and a mix of abstract questions like "Work, Family, Ethics - which one comes first?", along with personality questions "Do you feel you are resilient - why or why not?", and performance based questions like "Tell me the toughest situation you've encountered professionally?"

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Focus was on previous experiences in C# development and other programming language experience. Interested in knowing zealousness to achieve success at work. They asked alot of questions about how I worked with others, what work I had done previously and at what stage the job was at. They want to know if you would need alot of supervision so they would ask what is your working style. They asked how much you knew about the company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with Executive Director. Kept complementing my "experience". Telephoned to reject me as a candidate, complementing my "experience" again. Subsequently applied for 2 other positions. Screener let it slip that I was coded as "unqualified". Quickly backtracked when I stated I was going to call original interviewer to straighten this out. 3rd party sought feedback and response was "not enough experience".

Interview Questions

• Standard, scripted, STAR questions.   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

A group interview; details what the job entails, pay attention and read decently and loudly and you'll get it. Make sure you aren't on your phone and you exude cheerfulness, they watch and hope for that. Another note is that you have to read in front of others and there may be words that people can't pronounce, don't laugh at others who struggle.

Interview Questions

• Please read this paragraph.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

I am referred from my cousin. Firstly their will be a online test. We need to pass that test. It will last for 1 hour. Immediately after we are done with test in good marks then we will get skype interview. We need to perform well in that skype intervew. But I failed.

Interview Questions

• Difference between object and interface   1 Answer

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

When you are taking the online personality quiz, remember your answers! The phone interviewer will ask you these questions again, but this time he will ask you why, how, what do you mean? You will also be asked to rate yourself on a scale of 1-5. If you do well on the phone interview you will be invited to the group interview.

As other reviewers have stated, this feels more like an orientation. They give you a folder with information about Gallup, the position, working hours, benefits, etc. During the group interview, they asked two questions and went around the room giving everyone an opportunity to answer. There was a PowerPoint presentation with sample polling questions you may ask customers when making outbound calls. Everyone is required to read a paragraph or so to demonstrate their phone voice.

Important takeaways: Gallup is not looking for career professionals for this position. They specifically stated "this is not a foot in the door position." Translation: This is a dead end job, so you better be ok with that. They also stated, "if there is another position within Gallup you want then you should rescind your application for this position." Further, they explain that after your first 4 months, you are free to apply for another position, but your application will be thrown in with all other external applicants. They do not hire from within. Moreover, the interviewees are mostly 16 and 17 year olds.

The $11/hour is smoke and mirrors. It is only promised for your first 8 weeks. After that, you are working on a per interview completed commission. You will never make less than minimum wage/hour but you are never guaranteed to make more than that.

Finally, this group interview may feel like an orientation but you are still not guaranteed the job. You will receive an email a couple of hours later either with an invitation to complete a background check or a canned email which states: "the position for which you applied is not one that would take full advantage of your strengths."

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Gallup that nobody else will? Name a time when you were the best at something.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Once you submit your application online, you will be directed to a online assessment. If you pass that you will receive an email to call an 800 to setup an appoint with a screener. The screener will give you a series of questions (60) that they can't explain and need an answer for. On some of the questions they ask to explain more. If you pass that, you will receive an appointment for another phone interview. Basically the same questions with a couple related to the position your applying for. There were a lot more questions. All of these conversations are recorded. If you make it past that part you will get to actually discuss the job. I didn't! After reading reviews sounds like a koolaid factory.