Gallup Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was interested in my background but said I needed to take an assessment first before proceeding. I have been working a long time and have interviewed many times with many different companies, but have never seen an interview process as strange as this one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was great, very knowledgeable and good to talk with. We reviewed my resume and talked through different opportunities available at Gallup. Then came the online personality test. I took the multi-question test, and was declined for the position without any further personal contact. I have done Gallup's StrengthsFinder program for and really believe in it. However, the way it was handled during the interview process was impersonal and borderline rude.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I applied online, and like everyone else had to fill out the on-line assesment. Within a couple of days I got an email to call and schedule the telephone interview, but even before I had the chance to do that, someone from Gallup called me and scheduled it. The first interview lasted apprx 40 mins, and literally within 10 mins of finishing it I got a call to schedule a follow up phone interview. That one lasted over an hour. The questions in the first and second interview were very similar, and basically there were no surprises for me as most questions asked were what other reviews on glassdoor had already mentioned. After the 2nd phone interview there was radio silence for almost 3 weeks, until finally I received an automated email saying they won't pursue my candidacy further.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one specific question that was difficult, the challenge was that they asked the same questions in many different ways, so after a while you felt like you were repeating yourself. For example: Tell me about a time you helped a customer... then, tell me about a time you added value to a customer... then tell me about a time you had success with a customer. etc. ..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

filled in the online interview, was asked a lot of questions which some of them are similar. received email later saying to schedule a phone interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Very sterile initial interview process. Received an email that directed me to a 888 number. First phone interview I was told it was structured, no ability to ask questions, and would feel awkward. Interviewer was right. No information or selling of the role, simply take take take from the interviewer. Should be a two-way street from an engagement perspective.

Interview Questions

• There were none. However, it was clear that they have a rigid formula for interviewing. Probably did not get the best interview out of me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

So far completed two structured phone interviews and the best advise I can give is to remember the questions you had completed online and work towards structuring answers and relevant experiences for those questions. The phone interview will consist of the same type of questions and after rounds of structured questions, you will be invited for a face to face interview. Upon the completion of the face to face interview, they will make a decision on your application within 3 working days.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all structured and possibly coded, as a result it is very difficult to assess how the interview is progressing   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup in January 2012.

Interview

Exhausting, multiple questions asked in multiple different ways without any feedback from interviewer. No way to prepare for interview. Trying to assess your strengths and weaknesses and see if you "fit" their desired profile. They say questions are research-based, but they are not. I worked for the company and so I know.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer working in a bank that was going to fail or one that was doing well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online and completing a 40 minute personality test I had about several phone interviews then 1 interview in person and a video conference with the hiring manager. The first interviews were recorded and executed by a survey-taker who knew very little about the job I was applying for. The questions were the same (or similar) to the online questionnaire. I had access to an internal recruiter for specific questions prior to each interview that were helpful but not completely revealing. Recruiters were great. Everyone was pleasant, friendly and warm. I was stunned not getting an offer. It was all positive until they told me why. I clearly did not understand the job I was being interviewed for and still don't really understand what they wanted me to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The initial call is a 75 minute behavioral-based phone interview. Reading any of Gallup's Strengthsfinder books should serve as a guide to navigate this process. Come prepared with examples and don't be daunted by the robotic nature of the call and the lack of feedback. It's part of the process.

It took many weeks and several follow up phone calls on my part to move forward in the process. This certainly didn't bode well. It showed a lack of initiative on Gallup's part and a lack of respect for my time. But I pressed on.

The in-person interview will go down in my book as the most offensive interview I've ever experienced. Be prepared for the possibility of meeting with a senior leader who has the emotional intelligence of a rock. A little advice to Gallup: being blunt and rude to your candidates isn't "humane." It will leave them with an incredibly negative view of the organization overall. I previously had such a positive view of Gallup but through this hiring process they have completely alienated me. I'd never recommend them to anyone in my network.

For the record, this isn't simply another bad review from a bitter interviewee who didn't get the job. I've interviewed with professional organizations and have not been the right match--that's to be expected. What's not to be expected is incivility and insensitivity. I consider myself lucky to have witnessed the broken culture here without having to live it day to day on the job.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with lengthy assessment (~45 mins) followed by telephonic interview by recruitment team. They ask almost the same questions again over phone to assess you for about 1 hour. I realized, it's just waste of time. They bang that the process is unique to assess the candidates. It's just useless and demotivates candidates' interest.

Finally, there is an email saying that they don't have role to fit my talent and strength.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure success of a strategy?
      How do you convince difficult customer about your strategy?
      Who sets goals for your job?   Answer Question