Gallup Telephone Interviewer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in June 2016.

Interview

A group interview; details what the job entails, pay attention and read decently and loudly and you'll get it. Make sure you aren't on your phone and you exude cheerfulness, they watch and hope for that. Another note is that you have to read in front of others and there may be words that people can't pronounce, don't laugh at others who struggle.

Interview Questions

• Please read this paragraph.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in May 2016.

Interview

I initially thought it was going to be a one-on-one interviewer, but I was called by the company location's business administrator. It turned out to be a panel type interview, after being called for an interview. Prior to this, there is a personality screening to see if you would fit the job description.

Interview Questions

• To describe something you were the best at.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

When you are taking the online personality quiz, remember your answers! The phone interviewer will ask you these questions again, but this time he will ask you why, how, what do you mean? You will also be asked to rate yourself on a scale of 1-5. If you do well on the phone interview you will be invited to the group interview.

As other reviewers have stated, this feels more like an orientation. They give you a folder with information about Gallup, the position, working hours, benefits, etc. During the group interview, they asked two questions and went around the room giving everyone an opportunity to answer. There was a PowerPoint presentation with sample polling questions you may ask customers when making outbound calls. Everyone is required to read a paragraph or so to demonstrate their phone voice.

Important takeaways: Gallup is not looking for career professionals for this position. They specifically stated "this is not a foot in the door position." Translation: This is a dead end job, so you better be ok with that. They also stated, "if there is another position within Gallup you want then you should rescind your application for this position." Further, they explain that after your first 4 months, you are free to apply for another position, but your application will be thrown in with all other external applicants. They do not hire from within. Moreover, the interviewees are mostly 16 and 17 year olds.

The $11/hour is smoke and mirrors. It is only promised for your first 8 weeks. After that, you are working on a per interview completed commission. You will never make less than minimum wage/hour but you are never guaranteed to make more than that.

Finally, this group interview may feel like an orientation but you are still not guaranteed the job. You will receive an email a couple of hours later either with an invitation to complete a background check or a canned email which states: "the position for which you applied is not one that would take full advantage of your strengths."

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Gallup that nobody else will? Name a time when you were the best at something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

Take a long internet screening survey. Go to a group interview where they just try to brainwash you into loving Gallup. Get the job. This is a job for people who aren't qualified to do anything else.

Interview Questions

• You just have to read a sample question on a screen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Very UNformal, everyone dressed very unprofessional and casual, group interview. No individual questions were asked, everyone just went around and read a prompt. It started going around the room, introducing names, schools, and interests. Next, we read the questions through the most common poll, and each person took a turn reading a question. A tour was given throughout the building and that was it. They did a background check, but 95% they'll hire whoever is applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a time set up for a phone interview for a few days later. The phone interview called promptly on time. I was a little thrown off that my caller ID showed the call was from Canada. The interviewer was pleasant but it was question and answer, not conversational at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe it is ever ok to lie? Would people who know you say that you are reliable? Do you like to arrive at work early? Why do you like to arrive at work early? How do you feel about unfinished work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview, with about a 3/4 chance of being hired. Just listen, follow along, read off a screen, answer a few questions, and ask a few questions. There is about 15 to 25 other people in the group interview with you, and maybe 1-4 different managers who will come in and talk with you.

Interview Questions

• If your base pay is $10/hr, and you need to complete 2 surveys an hour to hit your quota for the hour, how much is a survey worth?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

You apply online, if your interview passed their review, you'll get a call to do a quick phone interview. Then you'll likely get scheduled for a interview day in person. It is a group interview so it is super laid back, and they make you feel welcomed. After the group interview, you'll likely go to the training which takes about three days, which is once again done in groups and is super easy.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your "hot buttons"?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It is a very super easy interview, just don't over think it. Everyone is laid back, nice and helpful. You should have no problem at all!

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

This was an extremely easy hiring process. I got a call about three days after I applied and I was invited to a group interview the following week and started the week after that. There is a short phone interview where they ask basic questions, that require almost no thinking.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work 20 hours per week?
      Why did you choose to apply at Gallup?
      What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Lincoln, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Group "interview", basically got the job with no effort. Took about an hour total, equivalent of a high school lecture more than an interview. Dressed up a tiny bit, was offended of the casual atmosphere.