Gallup Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.2

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer In-house Counsel - Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process. The interview process begins with an online 45 minute assessment that is submitted with your initial application. If you are a good fit, the will call/email to schedule a 45-60 minute recorded phone interview. If you do well on the phone interview, you then schedule another 45-60 minute phone interview. If you pass the second phone interview, you are asked to schedule face-to-face interview, which can be an hour or more. The next step, which was likely unique to me (one of the interviewers could not make it to the office interview), is another phone interview.

I was offered the position about 4 days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Assessment: You prefer to work with with a team rather than independently. (1-5 rating of how true this statement is to you)

Phone interview 1: Behavioral/opinion questions with yes/no answers, oftentimes followed by explanation or example. (Should managers pay more attention to high performing employees or low performing employees?; Do you believe in pay for performance?; Would you consider yourself a self-starter? etc.)

Phone interview 2: Same style as phone interview 1.

Face-to-Face: Traditional interview. (Tell me about yourself; Why Gallup?)

Phone interview 3: same as Face-to-face.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 2 telephone interviews, the first one was around 45 minutes they ask questions that you have to answear according to what comes to your mind first, the second interview took 60 minutes and they ask you for examples. They want positive people, with empathy, that is active. My recommendation is be honest because they ask the same thing in different ways to try to see if you are consistent.

Interview Questions

• What do you take pride in?
      How much do you want the persons you work for to like you?
      What is your greatest satisfaction?
      How important is seniority on deciding who will be promoted?
      Which is more important to you, to have a good salary or have a good boss?
      What World You say have ben your highlights in the Past 3 years?
      Ha e You done something to help someone in the past 2 weeks?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

10 week process. 1 online questionnaire, followed by 2 phone questionnaires. Then 30 min phone call with recruiter, followed by a coaching session and a phone interview with the hiring manager at the local office. Finally, there was a 3 hour in person interview with 5 employees.

The process is very long. Im sure they miss out on a lot of talent because of this.

Interview Questions

• The personality assessment part (online and the 2 phone follow up) are modeled after the Gallup Strengthsfinder questions.

Once you get to the recruiter, it's all basic behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time you had trouble with a customer", or "if you were an animal, what animal would you be"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with an agent from Nebraska. They asked lots of questions and wanted a quick response. Several questions involved ranking myself from 1-5 on areas like math ability, writing skills, competitiveness.

Interview Questions

• Do you tend to control a conversation? What do you think about when you are driving? Do you like math? Why? Are you a good writer?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

In-depth and lengthy. They start the interview process with a personality quiz followed by two phone interviews. Once you pass those rounds they set you up with a phone or video conference with the hiring manager or HR rep. Then they bring you in for an in-person interview, and then wait to tell you didn't get the job for 30 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The usual - applied on web site - Asked to fill in generic question on internet - then 45 minute on phone interview.
    Quite disappointed - of the interview and the process. Kind of question the validity of the whole process if it is really legit - person interviewing me had nothing to do with me or my work group. Looked more like if they are training an associate or gathering data for some survey. The interviewee wanted to move on with next question. If you ask a behavioural question then will take time 2 to 3 minutes to reply.
    By following this method either Gallup is getting Superman or all this is a Scam as no one else in industry to doing this.

Interview Questions

• General as other said - Infact too generic kind of wondered what are they asking theses for Project management interview. I applied as PM position the interviewee time to time referred if you are a "Consultant then".
      How competitive are you, on a scale of 1 to 5
      What Motivates you
      Are you over achiever
      Why are you over achiever
      etc   1 Answer
    • It is not the question that Gallup asked - I am asking if Gallup is just gathering data by this process or training their employee by using us "rab rats"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Rockville, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen with a Gallup recruiter, then an online assessment and then a more in-dept phone screening with a Gallup interviewer. I did not make it past that interview, but I believe if I had, there would have been possibly another phone interview and then an in person interview on site.

Interview Questions

• To describe a time I faced a difficult work problem and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very welcoming and inviting process warm and inviting culture as well. Seems like a great place to work Very welcoming and inviting process warm and inviting culture as well. Seems like a great place to work

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was great, very knowledgeable and good to talk with. We reviewed my resume and talked through different opportunities available at Gallup. Then came the online personality test. I took the multi-question test, and was declined for the position without any further personal contact. I have done Gallup's StrengthsFinder program for and really believe in it. However, the way it was handled during the interview process was impersonal and borderline rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was the same as described by others on this site. After applying online and taking a skills assessment I was contacted via e-mail to take a telephone interview. The first telephone interview was a 45 minute "structured" interview where the interviewer just read off questions and did not react to any answers. After the end of the first telephone interview, I was invited to a second one which was more of the same.

At the end of the second telephone interview I was told that Gallup would analyze their recording (yes they are taped) of the interview within two days and render a decision on whether they would invite me for an onsite interview within a week. At the end of the week, I received a form rejection letter. Based on the other interview reviews that I have read on this site, I would not be surprised if the interview was really a backdoor way of collecting survey data.

Interview Questions

• What are the traits of a good leader? What are the traits of a bad leader?   Answer Question