Galveston Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Galveston Independent School District

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Galveston Independent School District (Galveston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Two people asking standard education questions/interview questions. They had a list of questions which they took turns asking me. It was the principal and a lead teacher from a section. It was in the principal's office. They shared with me the type of person they were looking for and asked me to share who I was and what I was looking for. They were friendly and professional. I wore a nice dress and shoes, no stockings. They had a closed door meeting and then offered the job on the spot because they needed someone immediately; school was getting ready to start.

Interview Questions

• What does a standard day look like in your classroom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not any.

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Galveston Independent School District (Galveston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Trainer contacted me by telephone and asked if I was available. I said yes. I met with the new Director of Transportation. Completed application and took required physical and drug test. I spent less than 45 minutes being "trained" by the trainer. I began my school route the next day.

Interview Questions

• Trainer contacted me and asked, "Would you be interested in driving for us"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Galveston Independent School District (Galveston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

one on one former employee referral, after meeting requirements sent for drug screen and advised to wait for background check to be completed. haired in a matter of days to one week. salary was non negotiable paid by district pay bracket according to time of service completed.

Interview Questions

• A- typical questions about work history, reasons for wanting employment with their district, where do you see yourself in 5 years within the district   Answer Question

Negotiation

none