GameStop Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at GameStop

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Compton, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Not really much to say we were gathered into the back room. Most people wearing shirts half undone and jeans, some people dressed up. the interview itself was simple enough, ask a question, one by one we all answered going in counter clockwise circle, people heard the first persons answer and essentially repeated or started to play a weird game of telephone where the last persons answer is now about customer service when the initial question was about your favorite video game. the thing that struck me is the interviewers, commented on what a fine answer it was although they had originally asked the question, "whats your experience with video games? and what kind of games do you play?" and the answer goes from " GEARS OF WAR 2!", first person, "Well i would recommend gears of war ", says second person. "gears of war 2 is a great game but i would talk to the customer", says person 3, "fall out three..." says me, followed by a story about why i like video games. "customers are really important" says person too my right, and the last person ends on the note that without the customers we wouldn't have been here... i wanted to say something... i really did... but i was in an interview... anyways.. bout 2 hours and 4 stuttering people repeating how important customer service is later, end of the interview, and apparently we all did great. business cards for all, now we schedule a follow up interview.
took time to talk to the manager and district manager, seeing as i had driven over night from san fran to long beach, about 500 some miles... to be at this interview... just back from vacation, cut it a little short to be there.. and i wanted to make sure he knew. he knew. he was appreciative.
tried too schedule the second interview several, several times over the next week. and finally get a call 3 days later saying that they will schedule the interviews in a week. 3 weeks later im sitting here with no job, and not so much as a phone call. and any attempts of communication on this basis is lost to voice mail, and leaving messages with people.

maybe it takes longer though.

idk.

Interview Questions

• Whats an experience you had, where you were dealing with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a different position than the one I was highered for in early July, received initial call back 2 weeks later for over the phone interview and face to face scheduling aprox a week later. Brought paper copy of Resume on interview day, dressed in shirt, tie and slacks. Interviewer was upfront and said I was over qualified for the position, but wanted to place me into a a different position. Questions were straightforward for a retail position: customer service, employee relations, theft etc. At the end of the interview I was told I was being considered for a different position and I would receive a call back. 1 hr later I received a call back and did the second interview the same afternoon. I walked in and was told that I had the job if I wanted it. Very straightforward and honest very good interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Were up front about minimum they could offer me, but indicated potential higher wage. Actual Negotiation occurs between Division Manager and HR. The more qualified you are the higher wage you will get.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

First interview with store manager, second with metro training store manager, third with district manager.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were what you'd expect in a retail based interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got a fair offer based on previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Orlando, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

My hiring at GameStop was not normal. I went into a store for a job and basically would not take no for an answer. I went in and gave my resume. I watched how they worked and showed my skills helping guest in store that they could not.

Interview Questions

• I always hate and have a hard time when they ask for your greatest strengthen and weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

I was promoted from within, and given no actual interview. I was told one day I was going to be an Assistant, and then the pay raise and hour raise happened.

Interview Questions

• From interviews I've conducted it's the "What game knowledge do you have" question that trips people up.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Typical one on one interview process. I interviewed with the district manager, and the process lasted for about an hour. I don't think it was challenging.

Interview Questions

• what are some current threats to gamestop and how do you intend to contribute towards its success?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Pretty basic interview process. Ask about games, why to work there, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clairsville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Saint Clairsville, OH).

Interview

Interviewed with the manager first, then interviewed with th district manager. a lot of questions on experience and how to handle customer service issue.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not really any negotiations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I had walked in and simply asked if they were hiring. I was just lucky enough to be taken in because I had helped a customer pick out a game as well as make sure it could run on their pc. After turning in my application, I was called in a few days later and then became an associate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me how much they would bring me on for and I accepted. There was no negotiations because they have set wages for all the employees unless they're salaried managers.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I got called in for an interview a few days after submitting a physical application. I arrived to the interview in jeans, my house had actually been robbed the day before and I had nothing business in the pants area, the assistant manager, who interview me, was very forgiving though the store manager was pretty insistent that it was inappropriate. We sat down in the mall food court (it was a mall store) and we went through a round of the classics: a combination of situations and "describe a moment when..." questions. There were a few personal questions at the end, and I was able to describe my knowledge of the product. I was given an offer via telephone later in the day.

Interview Questions

• "Describe how you would sell me ____."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got into the store via a very entry-level sales position. Negotiation was non-existent.