GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Mount Dora, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was called next day, interview set up for the following week. Arrived at store, waited for previous interviewee to finish with the store manager, the entire interview process at the store took over 2 hours from arrival to departure. I was read the entire interview from a sheet of paper, very robotic, manager didn't seem to care for personality. I was asked the basic management interview questions and then graded on my replies right in front of my face on the paper.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Only had the phone interview with a current store manager so far, but she was great. Enthusuastic, personable, friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in me. Indicated she was forwarding my resume to her District Manager to set up a 1:1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, GA

Application

I interviewed at GameStop (Edison, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a series of 3 interviews back to back at a j0b fair, went great! waiting to hear a call back. I was using many of my personal stories struggling in past jobs as an assistant manager, and shows how i dealt with tough situations,

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

You are interviewed by the store manager first and then district manager. If you are lucky, you get an interview with the district manager depending if they are a good one. The hiring process is fairly easy and traditional sometimes, starting with a phone call to come in for the face to face. This is for management positions only, for partime game advisors theres a group interview sometimes.

Interview Questions

• there is no real structured questions sometimes. It varies from manager to manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Irving, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called in to interview at the Irving mall location. I live in Fort Worth and applied for Assistant Manager locally at three locations. I drive all the way to Irving from Fort Worth which is an hour, one way in traffic. Upon my arrival I had to fill out the paper application, and then I was directed toward two gentlemen in the food court. I walked up and neither of them put out their hands to introduce themselves, so I did. They were both dressed very casually and seemed as though they were preoccupied and were not paying attention to the answers to their qusetions. It felt like a waste of time during the "interview" and especially when it ended and I asked about the position I applied for and what to expect, when they told me that they put people where they see a fit (which makes sense), but that they had so many people to talk to that I may not hear anything back for two weeks, if I am considered. I haven't ever felt that uncomfortable in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give the sory of your life.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in April 2011.

Interview

When I interviewed i did not know what to expect, so I dressed up in a nice suit and tie. When I got there I found out that the interview was pretty casual. We went to the back of the store and I finally got to see what behind one of the stores looked like and there wasn't much in there. The interview consisted of questions about previous work experience and what you would feel comfortable doing. One question was why do I want to work at Game Stop. This ended up turning the interview into a conversation about the business aspects behind the gaming industry. I was filled in with a lot of information about the gaming retail industry. At the end of the interview I was told by the assistant manager that he was really impressed with my knowledge on the gaming industry and business and retail on a whole. He said that he will pass on the information to the manager and I will hear from them soon. I got a call the next evening from the manager saying that he wanted to meet with me but he wanted me to come in the same time that the regional director would be there so they both can talk with me. We hadn't agreed on a day and time yet when I received a call from the assistant manager saying that the manager told him that they would like to bring me on but there are no positions available at the time for managers because they expected a position to have opened up but it didn't. I have not heard back from them as yet but I also did not follow up as I should have.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to make a last minute decision due to a crisis, how did you handle it?   1 Answer