GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.2

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Miami, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

I've heard of people that had group interviews, all of mine were one on one. I went to 3 different stores before I finally got an interview with the former District Manager. Once I got to the main store of the district, the DM blew me off, saying he had a problem with his tires. I came back in another day, finally met him and the guy drilled me with questions about what the stock of the company was at, etc. A bunch of really obscure questions that no one would know off the top of their head. I wouldn't have got the job, except I met the store manager for that location and the guy saw my potential. Plus, he was promised an Assistant Manager for a long time and I think the DM gave me the position just to shut him up.

Interview Questions

• What's the stock of the company currently valued at?   4 Answers
  • What are the 3 types of shrink? (And make sure you know what GameStop calls them, other company's interpretations weren't valued.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Imagine taking a drill and inserting it into your eye cavity. Let that feeling marinate for a while. Then decide whether or not you want to work with GameStop. Take what they are offering or walk out, they really don't care if you work for them, they'll turn on you the first chance they get to replace you with someone they think is more suitable.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Irving, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called in to interview at the Irving mall location. I live in Fort Worth and applied for Assistant Manager locally at three locations. I drive all the way to Irving from Fort Worth which is an hour, one way in traffic. Upon my arrival I had to fill out the paper application, and then I was directed toward two gentlemen in the food court. I walked up and neither of them put out their hands to introduce themselves, so I did. They were both dressed very casually and seemed as though they were preoccupied and were not paying attention to the answers to their qusetions. It felt like a waste of time during the "interview" and especially when it ended and I asked about the position I applied for and what to expect, when they told me that they put people where they see a fit (which makes sense), but that they had so many people to talk to that I may not hear anything back for two weeks, if I am considered. I haven't ever felt that uncomfortable in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give the sory of your life.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Virginia (South Africa)) in January 2012.

Interview

Nepotism pure and simple. I got the job, but there were several other better qualified candidates in house that were passed over in favor of me. I had the management experience to do well in this position, but I did not have the understanding of company culture to put me in better stead.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow time, then gets you there and questions asked, ok process. it took me some time and then he asked if my background in mathematics was good, because you will need it for sales, and stock, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Williston, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

They take you into a small back room where inventory is kept. It's pretty basic as far as the process goes. They have a booklet that they have to follow and fill out, and ask silly questions about scenarios that would never occur, just to get a feel for your attitude/personality. They explain the benefits for working with the company and express how much the company cares for its employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had already worked for the company in the same position before. My interview was mostly to see the growth I had made since I last worked for the company. Usually you interview with an area manager or a store manager and a district manager. They basically look for people who take initiative, are assertive and outgoing, and who have shown leadership in past roles.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences since you left the company made you a better leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 2 day job fair, and plenty of people showed up for a shot. Interviews were being done by an active SM and District Manager. basic work history, job description , perfomance and availability

Interview Questions

• mostly focused on how i performed at previous jobs with performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Mount Dora, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was called next day, interview set up for the following week. Arrived at store, waited for previous interviewee to finish with the store manager, the entire interview process at the store took over 2 hours from arrival to departure. I was read the entire interview from a sheet of paper, very robotic, manager didn't seem to care for personality. I was asked the basic management interview questions and then graded on my replies right in front of my face on the paper.

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Waco, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy, the first interview was with the general manager and lasted about 25 minutes. Right after he invited me to a second interview with the area manager. That interview was about management questions such as scenarios and previous situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave perfect customer service.   1 Answer
    • What kind of video games do you know about?   1 Answer
    • The most important question was, What do you expect from working at game stop? and what can you offer game stop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

The interview process for the Assistant Store Manager position was simple. It involved an initial interview with the Store Manager that was very by-the-book and focused specifically on previous experience with questions generally expecting to be answered in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. The interview lasted approximately one hour. A follow-up interview with the District Manager was conducted the next day. This interview was more casual and seemed to focus on the manner in which I responded as opposed to what I was actually saying. This interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service success story?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a major disagreement with your supervisor, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had sales goals or quotas you've had to meet at any of your jobs?   Answer Question