GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Virginia (South Africa)) in January 2012.

Interview

Nepotism pure and simple. I got the job, but there were several other better qualified candidates in house that were passed over in favor of me. I had the management experience to do well in this position, but I did not have the understanding of company culture to put me in better stead.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow time, then gets you there and questions asked, ok process. it took me some time and then he asked if my background in mathematics was good, because you will need it for sales, and stock, etc.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop in November 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. Met with the store manager in the food court since the store was in a mall. It was just discussion about the stores, and what the expectations were.

Interview Questions

• Do you play video games? What systems do you have? Tell me about your management style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Williamson, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (South Williamson, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

The district manager met me in our mall. We walked around and talked about what the position would entail. I voiced my concerns and he helped to guide me through those. We talked about what the company would expect from me. We also talked about the direction in which the company was headed.

Anonymous Employee in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Williston, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

They take you into a small back room where inventory is kept. It's pretty basic as far as the process goes. They have a booklet that they have to follow and fill out, and ask silly questions about scenarios that would never occur, just to get a feel for your attitude/personality. They explain the benefits for working with the company and express how much the company cares for its employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had already worked for the company in the same position before. My interview was mostly to see the growth I had made since I last worked for the company. Usually you interview with an area manager or a store manager and a district manager. They basically look for people who take initiative, are assertive and outgoing, and who have shown leadership in past roles.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences since you left the company made you a better leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Providence, RI) in September 2013.

Interview

untrained managers reading off a script. marked a grade for each question after answered
    you should ask for your score after it is over that should and will let you know right away if they are going to call you back.
    Be detailed in your answers , like explaining a great scene in a movie, do not answer bland, they want colorful.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 2 day job fair, and plenty of people showed up for a shot. Interviews were being done by an active SM and District Manager. basic work history, job description , perfomance and availability

Interview Questions

• mostly focused on how i performed at previous jobs with performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

Went to a job fair hiring store managers/assistant store managers/regular employees. Wasn't asked too many questions, got a call back for a group interview. I thought it went very well and I stood out from everyone, only to find out at the end they were never hiring for assistant managers. I don't understand putting that on the job fair sign, but they did. Only hiring for seasonal part time.

Interview Questions

It wasn't the position I had applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Morehead City, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Morehead City, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Normal interview process, dress up for the interview, have a resume ready. Meet with the district manager, who will be conducting the interview. All management has to be interviewed by the DM. Normally the interview will be conducted in the back room.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a manager here?   1 Answer
    • If you witness an employee stealing, how do you respond to it?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer