GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.2

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Montgomery, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very long and drawn out. The DM reached out to me to ask me to come fill out an application for an ASM position. Once the app was filled out we talked for approximately 20 minutes he said that he would contact me within a day to move on to the next level in the process. Waited almost 5 weeks before hearing anything from him. Once I did hear back from him we got the next interview setup. After the second interview he contacted me about an hour after it was over and stated that he wanted to have another face to face with myself and the RM and he would contact me back in two days. Waited 2 months before hearing anything back from him and once I did hear something back he offered me the position and the new hire paperwork took a month alone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time that you had implement change that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

You are interviewed by the store manager first and then district manager. If you are lucky, you get an interview with the district manager depending if they are a good one. The hiring process is fairly easy and traditional sometimes, starting with a phone call to come in for the face to face. This is for management positions only, for partime game advisors theres a group interview sometimes.

Interview Questions

• there is no real structured questions sometimes. It varies from manager to manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had already worked for the company in the same position before. My interview was mostly to see the growth I had made since I last worked for the company. Usually you interview with an area manager or a store manager and a district manager. They basically look for people who take initiative, are assertive and outgoing, and who have shown leadership in past roles.

Interview Questions

• How have your experiences since you left the company made you a better leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Big Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Big Spring, TX).

Interview

During certain times of the year, mainly holiday, or in the event of someone leaving the company for X,Y,Z reason are the best times to try to get hired at your local Gamestop. Interviews are usually 20-60 mins depending on the management who's doing the interviews. I was able to be referred via taking a college course with the manager of my local Gamestop and through social networking landed an interview within a week of putting in my application.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for anything as this depends very much so on the hiring manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired on as a Game Advisor. Negotiation phase was more of a large exhange of information as far as the typical on-boarding process. You're basically informed of your expected amount of hours to recieve, or simply shown the schedules, and your payrate. Overall standard stuff.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

For management, expect at least 2 interviews with local managers and 1 with district management. The interviews will focus mainly on sales and customer service. I recommend stressing the importance of customer service.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find the interview process difficult, just long. It was pretty laid-back. The district manager interview was a little intimidating, but it was over the phone, so that helped.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Considering I had a lot of retail management experience, they negotiated a $2 higher pay rate than they normally offer (which is around $9.00 hr,), which was pleasing, but still kind of low.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Rochester, NY).

Interview

In person interview with either the Senior Game Advisor or Assistant Store Manager followed by an interview with the Store Manager. If you make it past him or her, they will sometimes bring you in to have you meet with the District Manager. Sometimes they'll ask you to sell them on a game you don't like to test your sales ability, but only if you have a lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite game? Can you sell me a copy of it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Pay is based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Providence, RI) in September 2013.

Interview

untrained managers reading off a script. marked a grade for each question after answered
    you should ask for your score after it is over that should and will let you know right away if they are going to call you back.
    Be detailed in your answers , like explaining a great scene in a movie, do not answer bland, they want colorful.

Anonymous Employee in South Williamson, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (South Williamson, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

The district manager met me in our mall. We walked around and talked about what the position would entail. I voiced my concerns and he helped to guide me through those. We talked about what the company would expect from me. We also talked about the direction in which the company was headed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Initially applied for position through the GameStop website.
    An area store manager called me the next day for an official interview. I went into the local store and the interview took place in the stock room. They asked me about my previous work experience, why this qualified me to be a leader, my education history, my gaming experience and then my favorite and least favorite game. This store manager okay-ed me and scheduled an interview with the district manager. I met with the district manager 3 days later. The interview was essentially the same except the district manager had me pick my 3 least favorite games and then sell them to him. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe you 3 least favorite video games of all time. Now sell them to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour and said they couldn't go any higher.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is based on if you know someone or if your applying for a seasonal position.