GameStop Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Dec 13, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I'm going to be honest and say that one of my friends was actually the person who was able to provide me with a job here. She had worked there for a few years beforehand and they needed people for the holidays so it was basically like I was promised a job.

I still had to fill out an application and was given a date to come in to be interviewed. That day I was hired and had to put in my personal information into their system. The next time I was called in I started training.

Specifically, I was interviewed by an associate that I'd come to know and love as a great coworker. For the interview, it took place in the backroom since they didn't have any kind of office space and he asked me questions off of a clipboard.

Of course I was nervous because it was my first job and I did my best to offer my most genuine but still work-worthy responses.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that the customer service of a location had let you down?   1 Answer
    • *Interviewer picks up a set of colored markers and hands them to me* Sell these to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any schedule restrictions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty standard, I applied through a job fair and got a call towards the middle of september. When I went in the interview there were two of us and two managers. They were nice, friendly and asked us both questions fairly. A few days later I got offered the position and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Checklist of personal/game related questions pertaining to the position. Making sure I wore a collard shirt and had my social security card and driver's license. It consisted of two interviews. The first with the store manager and the second with the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• if a customer is upset/Unsatisfied with their shopping experience, how do you make sure they will retrn   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. I initially called and asked if they were hiring for the holiday season. The Assistant Manager told me they were and I should submit my application. So being persistent, I submitted both my resume along with my application the next day. The Store Manager said he would give me a call back in a week to set up an interview. 2 weeks later, after his week long vacation and inability to follow up, never called me back so I went up to the store to see what the deal was. I had to wait an hour just to talk to him and I found out they lost my application and I had to fill out another one (ugh). I did so and he told me to come in the next week for an interview. So the 3rd week, I came in 15 minutes earlier and the Store Manager told me he forgot about my interview. So I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and gave up on them immediately afterwards because of their incompetence and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience? What does customer service mean to you? If you don't get a call next week then you didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Acworth, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was simple, a sit down at the store with a conversation about you as a person. A walk through on the store, the general expectations and seeing other teammates model in action what being an employee for the company is supposed to look like.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Buford, GA).

Interview

I went in for an interview and didn't hear back from the district manager for almost 2 months. I kept emailing the DM to any information about how my interview went. Afterwards I was told the delay in contacting me was due to the manager conference.

Interview Questions

• Not really any surprising questions just try to be as specific as possible about prior business experience and selling skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Cartersville, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply and when you go in to talk to the manager, don't be shy, be upfront and confident. The interviews are usually two-parters, the first to determine your character, the second to determine what you know about video games.

Interview Questions

• "Who is your favorite developer?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation, the company is tightly wound and falls into chaos when things don't run exactly right.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Marietta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted application to manager of a GameStop store and briefly talked. Was called back for an interview. Interviewed with the same manager in the back of the store. Was offered a job at a different store from the one I was applied at and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• What do other people think about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Stockbridge, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in person and gave my application to the Assistant Store Manager. About 3 or so (give or take) days later, I was called in for an interview with the same ASM as well as the Store Manager. I was taken into the back room seeing as how that was the only room available so we weren't interrupting normal business. The routine questions were asked (such as your hobbies, why you want to work for them, the limit of your gaming knowledge, ect.) They then go over a couple of things, such as the companies policies, the "Circle of Life" for the company and other things that you'll either will or won't be quizzed on later. Depending on how you do, they'll then ask you for your availability again to make sure it didn't change since you placed the application and then you're on your way. 4 days or so later, depending on how well you did, you'll be asked if you would like to join their team. I obviously accepted and I have been with the company on and off for about 5 years now.

Interview Questions

• What gaming software are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Newnan, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Was taken into the back of the store by the manager and asked a series of personality questions and a couple of easy skill questions. Got the job in the store same day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite transformer   1 Answer