GameStop Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I interviewed at GameStop (Lockport, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Formal one on one, bring your resume! Store managers are generally very formal with prospects but no one will tolerate an absent minded person to trust with cash! Dress appropriately too. Shirt and tie or at least nice. No tshirts. Don't dress like the clientele if you want to be considered.

Interview Questions

• How do you upsell a customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview with District Leader and then Store Leader. My second interview was warm and friendly and conversational. My first interview was intense. This all hinges on who you get. All you need to know is how to put sales over literally everything else.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

i was called in for interview a long while after submitting application, but that was because i was hired for the holiday season. i was able to make an interview around my high school class times, and manager was very accepting of that. he was concerned with education and being able to handle myself as well as being a responsible employee.

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied in-person, they got back to me about a month later. They called a did a phone interview, it was very easy, short, and painless. After the phone interview they called a few days after and asked if I was still interested in the position, and then offered it to me.

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It's fairly easy because, if you're applying for part-time and not seasonal, the questions will be generally the same to any generic type of interview. They'll ask you what are your strengths, what is your best customer experience so on and so forth. If you're seasonal, they'll ask if you're available and if you are nice, because that's what's the most important during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer experience? (Where you went out of your way to help a guest).   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Merrillville, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Highly unprofessional and asked too many questions. The interviewer kept picking his nose the whole time and smelled of body odor. My interview was a nightmare. I ended up referring my friend to that position instead.

Interview Questions

• How much time do I spend playing video games.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview centers around customer service experience, your ability to be patient with customers, experience with sales goals, leadership qualities, ability to teach and train staff. Afterwards, there is a second interview with the District Manager that pretty much asked the same questions that was asked in my first interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn an angry customer in a happy customer.   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Bensenville, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I had 2 very good interviews and it looks like a great place to work for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by the store manager of GameStop several months before interviewing with the company because of prior retail management and sales experience with footlocker. I was told of the responsibilities and

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I attended a job fair for GameStop where on-the-spot interviews were conducted. There were many applicants, so the area's existing store managers were conducting the interviews. Although having multiple interviewers made me skeptical as to the selection process, the interview was actually very good and I felt very comfortable. One thing they press you on is how GameStop's services, such as their membership program and game reservation, help their customers. I expected as much, as the company is extremely customer service oriented. Reservations dictate how many copies of a game each store orders, so that customers are guaranteed the product, and rewards and pre-order bonuses give customers reason to keep buying from GameStop. Highlight any experience with customer service, management, and inventory and if they like your smile, you're in. Don't forget to ask them when you can expect to hear something back - it has only been two weeks since my interview but I already took another job, not knowing what to expect from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with an unhappy customer you made positive.   Answer Question
    • How do reservations and memberships help our company, and our customers?   Answer Question