GameStop Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PAYROLL Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the assistant department manager for the accounting team in her office. She had a standard questionnaire the company provided her that she went over, then we talked for a little while after completing everything on it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you made a mistake and how you corrected it.   Answer Question

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then was scheduled for an in person interview the next week at the corporate office. I met with one manager and was invited back for a second on site interview two weeks later. Was told I would hear back in about two weeks. I thought I had done well in both interviews and I was excited.

I heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter after 2 weeks and was then scheduled for what he called a final on site interview. Later that same day the recruiter let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled.

I didn't hear back after a week, emailed to follow up. Still nothing. Emailed the manager of the department I had interviewed with and was told they had gone with another candidate.

This whole process spanned almost two whole months. I did not receive any emails or phone calls notifying me that they had gone with another candidate. I had to follow up and be persistent to get any answers. I missed time from my current job to attend both interviews. Gamestop obviously has no regard for their candidate's time.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Called for initial phone interview and then asked to come in for in person interview. Informed within first 2 minutes of interview that position has already been filled and only interviewing me due to an issue on another candidates background check. Interview. Then asked to interview for a different role outside of core competencies only to have the position closed as non-essential. Lack of respect for a candidates time is likely not a sustainable talent acquisition model.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Long and tedious. Was told I was going to be interviewed by 3 persons but only got 2 people to talk to me. I knew something was off by this. I had trouble getting inside the facility because of security measures. Had to wait a while to be attended. I never heard back from them even when they told me they would let me know. I sent them an email to ask what happened, and they never replied. This seemed very unprofessional to my experience.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience typical questions   1 Answer

Financial Planner/Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 week. The first step was a phone screening and after a few days i got called for an interview. I was interviewed by several people, they seemed friendly, but i felt that they were rushing to say their next question instead of listening to my interview questions.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Denton, TX).

Interview

Very casual. Questions focused on product and store services knowledge along with personal availability. It was in two stages where the store manager, assistant manager, and senior game advisor interviewed each applicant one by one. Next stage was a group interview with the best candidates doing a second interview.
    Second interview focused on ourselves and our personality with simple work situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you name at least five video game titles that will be released before the end of the year?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Went in and talk to the team and the manager. Interview was fairly easy and typical questions. We discussed what were the necessary step to bring up the project in place and if I knew agile. That was about it.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

3 separate interviews.
    1st was mtg with department director and senior manager. They described the position, requirements, and overall department business. They asked the basic introduction questions, but mostly questions pertaining to prior experience and how it applies to the position.
    2nd interview was with the same people. Essentially the same interview but salary was discussed.
    3rd interview was with department VP. Asked about my background and spoke about the position/business. Basically wanted to confirm the director's decision to offer the position.

CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long with several rounds of interviews due to continual internal changes with the team. It started with the HR phone screening and then in-person interviews with 7 different team members from various levels.
    Due to how long the process was taking, I elected to remove myself from candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions were asked as well as specific ones regarding work history.
      - Why are you interested in this position?
      - Why are you looking to leave your current role?
      - What skills do you possess that make you a good fit for the role?
      - What do you feel you could immediately contribute to the team?
      - What thoughts do you have about how we could improve retention?   Answer Question

Senior Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen followed by a hiring manager phone interview followed by an on-site with 5 different people from the company. The process took around 3 months. Disappointed in the outcome in that I felt the interviews went extremely well and had really great synergy with the members, but was given a "copy and paste" rejection without specific feedback several days after my on-site.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what the 5 following SQL queries do? (Assessing your SQL knowledge)   Answer Question
    • Can you give explicit examples of when you worked with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question
    • What type of feedback has your boss given you?   Answer Question