GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

They take your into the (often messy) back room to ask questions about your retail experience and gaming knowledge. They ask the same questions of a sheet of paper every time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was not drawn out. It was pretty quick & to the point, which I prefer! It began as a group interview with me & 2 other guys then we each talked with the interviewer 1:1. I was offered the job on site & accepted!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. To me, it seemed like they just wanted to make sure that you were just trying to see if you're a normal person and possibly if you actually like video games, though the latter might just be a plus. I arrived and they just asked me a few work history related questions and before I knew it I was hired. The interview seemed like more of a formality in my case.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very comfortable setting, they made me feel like I was always apart of the team my nerves went away quickly the interviewer was very upfront about what he was looking for and what he needed from any one trying to be apart of the team

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Escondido, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was fun and easy. The manager interviewing me was down to earth and made me feel comfortable right off the bat! Walked into the room and sat down. She started asking me questions and asking about me. Interview was short but fun.

Interview Questions

• What game consoles are you knowledgeable in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Interview

Average interview. I arrived at the store for a group interview that consisted of the run of the mill basic interview questions. Second round, the store manager and I went to the neighboring coffee shop. The manager first asked some questions just to gather the kind of person I was and then proceeded to ask me more specific behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Around 3 weeks after I applied in-store I got a call from the store manager asking if I would do an interview that was scheduled in 2-3 days later. During the interview I almost felt as though I was being treated as a 15 year old kid in my first job interview (I'm 19 and have had quite a bit of interview experience). She pretty much asked questions like what would you do if such as such happened? But overall the interview went good and the manager said she wanted to schedule a phone interview. The next day I got a call to schedule a phone interview which was around a week later. The phone interview lasted around 15 minutes and was with the district manager, she just gave me scenarios as if she was the customer and I was the employee. After the phone interview the manager said she would call at the end of the day to tell me if I got the job or not. A few hours I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a customer if they walked in?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday night and got a call for an interview the next morning, which took place on Wednesday. The interview was easy and the manager seemed responsive to my answers and an overall nice person. I have about 5 years worth of work experience with jobs here and there, but was told that I might be "a little overqualified" for the position. I have no idea why - I am currently finishing up a bachelors degree, though I don't know why that would factor into this position as I have extensive gaming knowledge. The manager said that he had one more person to interview the following day, and that I should receive a phone call on Friday if I got the job or not. Overall, I think the interview was casual and went really, really well. It's been nearly 4 weeks later and I have NOT heard back from the store. The job position is still available to apply for online, so it hasn't been filled as far as I know. I'm still crossing my fingers.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Louisville, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

Group interview, just have confidence. You can get anywhere with your head held high and your fake retail smile shining through.
    In the interview, it was me and two guys who were also in college. One of them was overdressed in a suit, don't do that, it is GameStop wear a button up and nice khakis. I assumed he wasn't called back because of he seemed to be very strict and 'I do things this one way'
    The other guy was wearing a Metallica Tshirt, repeat what I said before! But, he wasn't confident, fake it until you make it kids!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at GameStop?   1 Answer
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
GameStop Game Advisor Interview New York, NY Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Strengths & Weaknesses
GameStop Game Advisor Interview New York, NY Why do you want to work here?
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Why do you wanna work for us
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Escondido, CA What game consoles are you knowledgeable in?
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Orange, CA What kind of games do you like to play?
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Portland, OR How would you greet a customer if they walked in?
GameStop Game Advisor Interview What's an example of a time when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with it?
GameStop Game Advisor Interview Louisville, KY Why do you want to work at GameStop?