GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at GameStop

1.8

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

In person interview Involved some of what you'd expect talk of previous employment bit also "what is your favorite video game and why" as well as "how would you try to figure out a stranger's favorite game?"

All of the staff were great

Interview Questions

• "how would you deal with a customer you m ow is trying to get products or services for free?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Jacksonville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Short individual interview with most emphasis on retail experience. Questions about attitude and how situations may be handled. Also some questions regarding what gaming knowledge the applicant knows. After the interview the position was offered within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you disagreed with a supervisor, what was the incident and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Huntersville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

After introducing myself to the hiring manager, I heard back within a few days. Interview was quick and professional. Was hired the following week. It was a very easy interview process

Interview Questions

• How do you think the gaming industry is growing?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Antioch, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Quick and painless, got an interview about a month after I applied. Questions were very simple and I was hired basically on the spot. For this job, I would recommend that you have a basic/good understanding of consoles, cables, and video games. Knowledge of video games isn't required, but you will get a lot of customers that want to talk about games, old and new.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Carson City, NV) in April 2019.

Interview

Very pleasant I know the manager was very encouraging. Easy interview was Told I did well waiting for 2nd interview. I felt I did very well and was pointed in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Do you know or understand the Circle of Life structure at GameStop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Atlanta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

It was very easy-going. The assistant manager told me the interview was supposed to be more like a conversation than an interrogation. I was asked questions about games I played, tablet knowledge, and why I wanted to sell video games.

Interview Questions

• If I were a customer, what type of questions would you ask me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop (Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

I was taken into the back room and given the interview. I basically had the job before the interview even begun. I was informed later that the interview was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous retail experience?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Interview

The interviewer is usually the manager, make sure you have people skills. They will ask little to no questions about games because games are not the main focus. They might actually focus more on pop-culture and other things.

Anonymous Employee in Bayamon, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Bayamon, PR) in October 2015.

Interview

Its was with 10 other people also applying for the job. With different managers from different stores. Each manager asked a question and then you would have to raise your hand to answer.

Interview Questions

• Is it worst to steal a pen or a pencil?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Straight forward, asked for type of experience. What the store is like, common issues to deal with. Started on the floor and worked way up to working on register

Interview Questions

• What games/systems i had knowledge of.   1 Answer