GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

1.9

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. I went into the back room and they asked some general questions. Game knowledge was not an essential. Mainly customer service and a positive attitude to work as a team

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Standard interview process overall. In the holiday season, interviews are done in group format as a better use of time. Some questions were asked to individuals only, other questions were asked to each person in the interview.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very standard, entry-level interview. It was informal, done in the assistant manager's office. He was really friendly and offered me the seasonal job on the spot. You don't have to do anything to prepare, just act professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame difficulty in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hainesport, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hainesport, NJ).

Interview

I was brought into the backroom and asked various questions and generally chatted for a bit. Then I got a call back a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What game systems did I own?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

They take your into the (often messy) back room to ask questions about your retail experience and gaming knowledge. They ask the same questions of a sheet of paper every time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was not drawn out. It was pretty quick & to the point, which I prefer! It began as a group interview with me & 2 other guys then we each talked with the interviewer 1:1. I was offered the job on site & accepted!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. To me, it seemed like they just wanted to make sure that you were just trying to see if you're a normal person and possibly if you actually like video games, though the latter might just be a plus. I arrived and they just asked me a few work history related questions and before I knew it I was hired. The interview seemed like more of a formality in my case.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very comfortable setting, they made me feel like I was always apart of the team my nerves went away quickly the interviewer was very upfront about what he was looking for and what he needed from any one trying to be apart of the team

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Escondido, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was fun and easy. The manager interviewing me was down to earth and made me feel comfortable right off the bat! Walked into the room and sat down. She started asking me questions and asking about me. Interview was short but fun.

Interview Questions

• What game consoles are you knowledgeable in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer