GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

1.9

245 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The interview was very basic, if you have little to no retail experience you will be fine. They're generally looking for someone they can mold in to a better employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
  • What would you contribute to the company if hired?   1 Answer
  • Pitch a videogame to me.   1 Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Asked me to alphabetize a stack of games, talked to me about game knowledge, and role played customer situations, I was asked about my customer service skills, I viewed the sales floor with the manager to see how other employees spoke with customers, was asked how many years I had been playing video games, asked why I wanted to work for GameStop.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who does not know much about video games?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I was not expected to overdress, wearing casual clothing was fine.

The store manager took me into the backroom of the store for the interview.

When seated at the desk, you can show them your resume, portfolio, or any other paperwork before questioning starts.

You will be questioned on your history and knowledge of modern video game software and hardware. (ex. Playstation 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and One, Wii, Wii-U, Nintendo Switch.)

After that, you will have the chance to ask the store manager some questions.

The interview ends with a short period of shaking hands and thanking each other for their time. The store manager may directly tell you on the spot that you will get the position or they'll give you a call in a few days to let you know the results.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an prior experience working in retail?   1 Answer
    • What video game systems do you have great knowledge of?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Interviews at Gamestop are practically non-existant. Hiring tends to happen when regulars want a job and the team leaders of that store enjoy them. When forced to hire outside of that realm its the basic questions of availablity and values or working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Asked me about myself and was very laid back and totally chill. Just asked about video game knowledge and what I can bring to the team. The assistant manager interviewed me. He was in his twenties so he was really relatable and totally understood how I felt and explained the Circle of Life.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. I went into the back room and they asked some general questions. Game knowledge was not an essential. Mainly customer service and a positive attitude to work as a team

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Standard interview process overall. In the holiday season, interviews are done in group format as a better use of time. Some questions were asked to individuals only, other questions were asked to each person in the interview.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very standard, entry-level interview. It was informal, done in the assistant manager's office. He was really friendly and offered me the seasonal job on the spot. You don't have to do anything to prepare, just act professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame difficulty in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hainesport, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hainesport, NJ).

Interview

I was brought into the backroom and asked various questions and generally chatted for a bit. Then I got a call back a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What game systems did I own?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

They take your into the (often messy) back room to ask questions about your retail experience and gaming knowledge. They ask the same questions of a sheet of paper every time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?   Answer Question