GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday night and got a call for an interview the next morning, which took place on Wednesday. The interview was easy and the manager seemed responsive to my answers and an overall nice person. I have about 5 years worth of work experience with jobs here and there, but was told that I might be "a little overqualified" for the position. I have no idea why - I am currently finishing up a bachelors degree, though I don't know why that would factor into this position as I have extensive gaming knowledge. The manager said that he had one more person to interview the following day, and that I should receive a phone call on Friday if I got the job or not. Overall, I think the interview was casual and went really, really well. It's been nearly 4 weeks later and I have NOT heard back from the store. The job position is still available to apply for online, so it hasn't been filled as far as I know. I'm still crossing my fingers.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email announcing a job fair day a few weeks later. I misjudged how many people would be there and ended up waiting around for about an hour, which was fine but it was somewhat hot in the store. When it was my turn I was lead into the back where three other interviews were taking place at the same time and was asked about eight questions dealing with customer service. I was told I would be contacted by the end of the next week either way, I was never contacted.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I was 20 minutes early to a group interview, so I walked around and looked at games. I was the only one who showed up. The store manager took me into the front of the mall, the interview was about 10 minutes long. After the interview she told me she would have another store manager call me to follow up. I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would you guarantee someone had a positive experience buying a PS4?   2 Answers
    • What do you know about GameStop?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GameStop in October 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview at the local community college. All the local managers were there (5-7 of them) When I walked in they all seemed to be having a good time, asked me which place I was applying for, then sat down with the manager of that store. I had seen him a few days earlier when I cam in with a friend and bought the Fallout Anthropology edition. We talked to him and another female worker for a bit about our excitement about Fallout 4 and during the interview I asked if he recognized me and he did.
    The interview took place in a small-ish classroom, and we sat across from one another and asked me questions as he looked at my resume/application and handed me a short 4-page employee expectation guide. Yes, all the other managers were there, and maybe one or two other interviews were happening but the interview wasn't interrupted at all.

They said they'd do call backs Mon/Tue for second interviews (I'll update then).

Interview Questions

• (While looking over application/ resume) Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers
    • What would you say people like most about you?   1 Answer
    • What would you say people like least about you?   1 Answer
    • Will [being quiet] affect you at work?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you gave excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurens, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Laurens, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Walked in and was taken to the back room Sat down and the manager started asking different questions. She was really nice and polite. I told her about myself and answered her questions. She talked some of the games she liked. It took less then ten minutes. She said she would be in touch in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave excellent customer service. What is something positive and negative about yourself? What kind of games do you like?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The interview process includes three interviews one with an assistant manager. The second with the general manager and one with district. After my second interview the manager at the time just up and quit leaving me to have to go through another interview with a brand new manager for that store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Greeley, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Straight forward. They asked what experience I have, what a good manager would look like, how to deal with disagreement with a manager, and finished with what made me stand out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a Group Interview. it was pretty chill and laid back and it was with 3 other people. We all introduced ourselves. The questions were pretty simple the SM Just wanted to know what we all knew about the company and other things, Like the Reward cards. No one was offered a Job at the end of the interview but we may get a call for a follow up interview later this week.

Interview Questions

• How many stores do we have? How many employees work for Gamestop?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The first Game Stop interview I had was in the back of the store with the store manager, the interview was pleasant and a week later I was called back for a second interview and this time the District Manager was present and the interview went well. They informed me to call back in a week for an answer, I called and the store manager told me "The DM hasn't given me an answer" and after a month he simply told me "The person that was going to quit stayed and there's no positions available". The second store I applied to was a walk-in interview with the Store Manager, the interview took place next door (Panda Express) and the SM even saved my phone number on his mobile phone to immediately give me a position, never heard back from that store. I've gone back to those two stores and they've hired if I may say, girls whom society would label as "Attractive" and who didn't have a clue about games or any gaming consoles. To be honest, I'm contemplating of giving it another shot to try to work for this company due to the fact that I love video games in general.

Interview Questions

• What skills could you bring to the store that others haven't already?   Answer Question