GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

1.8

241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Asked a few basic questions. Fave game, what consoles you know, etc. Some questions were hard for others. They divided it up into a weird way, some had group interviews, others had one on one. My friend got asked a bunch of hard questions about the software. Meanwhile, I only got asked my favorite game.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the difference between an Xbox one and a ps4?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

i was called in for interview a long while after submitting application, but that was because i was hired for the holiday season. i was able to make an interview around my high school class times, and manager was very accepting of that. he was concerned with education and being able to handle myself as well as being a responsible employee.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Denton, TX).

Interview

Very casual. Questions focused on product and store services knowledge along with personal availability. It was in two stages where the store manager, assistant manager, and senior game advisor interviewed each applicant one by one. Next stage was a group interview with the best candidates doing a second interview.
    Second interview focused on ourselves and our personality with simple work situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you name at least five video game titles that will be released before the end of the year?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

The process was fairly simple and standard. My only gripe is the amount of time it took between interviews. From the first time I was called back, to the time I was hired took about a month and a week. All the while I was calling at least once a week, to ask how the process was going etc... it felt a bit unnecessary to wait that long. First meet and interview with one manager, then several weeks later, meet the other. Both asked pretty standard and similar questions, with the addition of a few video game specific questions about the gaming industry. If i knew what was coming out soon, whats a popular rpg right now etc... I really enjoyed chatting with the managers in my responses and, if you are a video game nerd, you will probably do fine.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the big titles coming out this year?
      Are you familiar with the ESRB rating system?
      If I wanted a new gen rpg what would you recommend?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a call a few weeks later. Started with a group interview to sift through potential applicants, and then had one personal interview with a store manager. The interview was easy and consisted of general questions about games and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What's your gaming experience? What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took five days. This includes the initial walk-in, when I was scheduled for an interview, and the days up until the interview. I asked for an application on Monday morning, and when I turned it in a few hours later, I was scheduled for an interview on Friday.

At the conclusion of the interview, I was told I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Lumberton, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked base questions about games, customer satisfaction, etc. Was really hands on and very person to person driven. Felt like I was being interviewed and selected not just based off skill, but what my passions were and how I acted. Was definitely a unique and individual experience that I haven't had working at any other establishment.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is key to the businesses success?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I was 20 minutes early to a group interview, so I walked around and looked at games. I was the only one who showed up. The store manager took me into the front of the mall, the interview was about 10 minutes long. After the interview she told me she would have another store manager call me to follow up. I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GameStop?   1 Answer
    • How would you guarantee someone had a positive experience buying a PS4?   2 Answers
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GameStop in October 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview at the local community college. All the local managers were there (5-7 of them) When I walked in they all seemed to be having a good time, asked me which place I was applying for, then sat down with the manager of that store. I had seen him a few days earlier when I cam in with a friend and bought the Fallout Anthropology edition. We talked to him and another female worker for a bit about our excitement about Fallout 4 and during the interview I asked if he recognized me and he did.
    The interview took place in a small-ish classroom, and we sat across from one another and asked me questions as he looked at my resume/application and handed me a short 4-page employee expectation guide. Yes, all the other managers were there, and maybe one or two other interviews were happening but the interview wasn't interrupted at all.

They said they'd do call backs Mon/Tue for second interviews (I'll update then).

Interview Questions

• (While looking over application/ resume) Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers
    • What would you say people like most about you?   1 Answer
    • What would you say people like least about you?   1 Answer
    • Will [being quiet] affect you at work?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you gave excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Chester, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for GameStop a couple days ago, and I got a call back the next day after I applied and I got the Interview This Wednesday (October 6th, 2015) I hope it goes well. They all seem very nice, I am excited for the Interview. I will put in another review in about 1 month. I recommend this position to anybody who knows a lot about Gaming!