GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.9

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I was 20 minutes early to a group interview, so I walked around and looked at games. I was the only one who showed up. The store manager took me into the front of the mall, the interview was about 10 minutes long. After the interview she told me she would have another store manager call me to follow up. I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer
  • How would you guarantee someone had a positive experience buying a PS4?   2 Answers
  • What do you know about GameStop?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GameStop in October 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview at the local community college. All the local managers were there (5-7 of them) When I walked in they all seemed to be having a good time, asked me which place I was applying for, then sat down with the manager of that store. I had seen him a few days earlier when I cam in with a friend and bought the Fallout Anthropology edition. We talked to him and another female worker for a bit about our excitement about Fallout 4 and during the interview I asked if he recognized me and he did.
    The interview took place in a small-ish classroom, and we sat across from one another and asked me questions as he looked at my resume/application and handed me a short 4-page employee expectation guide. Yes, all the other managers were there, and maybe one or two other interviews were happening but the interview wasn't interrupted at all.

They said they'd do call backs Mon/Tue for second interviews (I'll update then).

Interview Questions

• (While looking over application/ resume) Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers
    • What would you say people like most about you?   1 Answer
    • What would you say people like least about you?   1 Answer
    • Will [being quiet] affect you at work?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you gave excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Chester, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for GameStop a couple days ago, and I got a call back the next day after I applied and I got the Interview This Wednesday (October 6th, 2015) I hope it goes well. They all seem very nice, I am excited for the Interview. I will put in another review in about 1 month. I recommend this position to anybody who knows a lot about Gaming!

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was easy. The gamestop in my area was having a job fair at the mall yesterday & I sat down with one of the guys and he asked me question. Like "why do you wanna work at gamestop?" & "Can we call you to fill in shifts if someone is out or sick?" Stuff like that. Today (10/9) I got the call for a second interview tomorrow (10/10). I'll update how that goes when I'm done :)

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work?   1 Answer
    • Will you be available to work on Holidays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurens, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Laurens, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Walked in and was taken to the back room Sat down and the manager started asking different questions. She was really nice and polite. I told her about myself and answered her questions. She talked some of the games she liked. It took less then ten minutes. She said she would be in touch in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave excellent customer service. What is something positive and negative about yourself? What kind of games do you like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I went into GameStop on a Tuesday when they were pretty empty to pick up a game I preordered. I asked while I was paying if they were hiring and received an application for the last position they had open for seasonal. I was asked to come in for an interview while I was getting the application on the following Saturday at 2pm. When I came back on Saturday they were pretty empty again. I talked with two of the employees working at the back of the store while the manager skimmed over my application pretty quickly. I was taken to the back room and had somewhat of an informal interview where I was sitting and the manager was standing and taking notes. The actual interview took about 10 - 15 minutes where I was offered a position by the end. They took some basic info down for the job and told me whenI would have my first shift and I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people really like about you?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing people dislike about you?   Answer Question
    • Share a time you gave exceptional customer service, and if you haven't had this experience when is a time you've received exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I'm going to be honest and say that one of my friends was actually the person who was able to provide me with a job here. She had worked there for a few years beforehand and they needed people for the holidays so it was basically like I was promised a job.

I still had to fill out an application and was given a date to come in to be interviewed. That day I was hired and had to put in my personal information into their system. The next time I was called in I started training.

Specifically, I was interviewed by an associate that I'd come to know and love as a great coworker. For the interview, it took place in the backroom since they didn't have any kind of office space and he asked me questions off of a clipboard.

Of course I was nervous because it was my first job and I did my best to offer my most genuine but still work-worthy responses.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that the customer service of a location had let you down?   1 Answer
    • *Interviewer picks up a set of colored markers and hands them to me* Sell these to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any schedule restrictions?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They took you into the back room and asked many questions about video games and which consoles you owned, at the time the guy asked me to also sell him on a pen. It was pretty straight forward and east.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was a very simple and causal interview! They had a set of questions they had prepared. The environment is very chill as well. The managers were nice and understood I was nervous. There were two of them by the way and this was at the job fair which was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was real simple nothing hard to understand and nothing between the lines.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

They asked very light questions, mostly about my life schedule and obligations, how much experience i have with games, consoles and the like. The only question that was overly specific is if I had any preference of console. Hiring process was seamless. They call you beforehand to get all your basic information to put on your hiring forms and once you go in for your training they make you fill out the personal stuff like entitlements and dependents and such. They immediately make you go into their "LevelUp" program to start your training.

Interview Questions

• How up to date are you on the gamer scene? New consoles, games, events.   1 Answer

Negotiation

you cant negotiate pay.