GameStop Game Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

1.8

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I went into GameStop on a Tuesday when they were pretty empty to pick up a game I preordered. I asked while I was paying if they were hiring and received an application for the last position they had open for seasonal. I was asked to come in for an interview while I was getting the application on the following Saturday at 2pm. When I came back on Saturday they were pretty empty again. I talked with two of the employees working at the back of the store while the manager skimmed over my application pretty quickly. I was taken to the back room and had somewhat of an informal interview where I was sitting and the manager was standing and taking notes. The actual interview took about 10 - 15 minutes where I was offered a position by the end. They took some basic info down for the job and told me whenI would have my first shift and I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people really like about you?   Answer Question
  • What is one thing people dislike about you?   Answer Question
  • Share a time you gave exceptional customer service, and if you haven't had this experience when is a time you've received exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Des Moines, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to the back room and sat down in a chair and went over my availability for the seasonal position. Asked me my knowledge on video games and my previous job experience.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I'm going to be honest and say that one of my friends was actually the person who was able to provide me with a job here. She had worked there for a few years beforehand and they needed people for the holidays so it was basically like I was promised a job.

I still had to fill out an application and was given a date to come in to be interviewed. That day I was hired and had to put in my personal information into their system. The next time I was called in I started training.

Specifically, I was interviewed by an associate that I'd come to know and love as a great coworker. For the interview, it took place in the backroom since they didn't have any kind of office space and he asked me questions off of a clipboard.

Of course I was nervous because it was my first job and I did my best to offer my most genuine but still work-worthy responses.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that the customer service of a location had let you down?   1 Answer
    • *Interviewer picks up a set of colored markers and hands them to me* Sell these to me.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any schedule restrictions?   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

They took you into the back room and asked many questions about video games and which consoles you owned, at the time the guy asked me to also sell him on a pen. It was pretty straight forward and east.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was a very simple and causal interview! They had a set of questions they had prepared. The environment is very chill as well. The managers were nice and understood I was nervous. There were two of them by the way and this was at the job fair which was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was real simple nothing hard to understand and nothing between the lines.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

They asked very light questions, mostly about my life schedule and obligations, how much experience i have with games, consoles and the like. The only question that was overly specific is if I had any preference of console. Hiring process was seamless. They call you beforehand to get all your basic information to put on your hiring forms and once you go in for your training they make you fill out the personal stuff like entitlements and dependents and such. They immediately make you go into their "LevelUp" program to start your training.

Interview Questions

• How up to date are you on the gamer scene? New consoles, games, events.   1 Answer

Negotiation

you cant negotiate pay.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Chula Vista, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

took 3 months for them to contact me, possibly becuase of background checks, then was called in for one of several group interviews of the day, was asked typical interview questions plus some about video games as well but not like trivia more of preference.

Interview Questions

• What is it about you that people like/a great quality about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

Happened in a group interview (large group then asked questions by a panel of interviewers). It wasn't bad but it seemed like they wanted to see who looked best out of the group. Called it a job fair despite not really being a job fair. The interviewers were very pleasant and the overall process was relatively simple

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you exhibited quality customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Brownsville, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

He asked me basic get to know me questions. It all depends on who is giving you the interview I was a regular customer and I knew the manager. I went to GameStop everyother day to ask if they were hiring I was pretty annoying but it showed that I really wanted to work there. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

The Interview took place in store in the back room done by store manager. Interview had all the typical questions that get asked and did not really ask anything related to past situations and how you handled them. It was friendly, laid back, and casual.

Interview Questions

• What systems/games do you play.   1 Answer