GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very basic, easy, phone call into a face to face then a phone call confirmation. No real hoops to jump through nor any real surprises here nor do you expect any

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Los Banos, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked into my local GameStop and luckily got a group interview the next day. There was four other people there and we got asked basic questions that most retail stores ask. The manager and assistant manager was there to ask the questions. I had my resume with me and I felt like I answered the questions with confidence. I worked at the same GameStop before as a seasonal game advisor so most of the questions I answered I already have heard, yet unfortunately this time they didn't take me.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then was scheduled for an in person interview the next week at the corporate office. I met with one manager and was invited back for a second on site interview two weeks later. Was told I would hear back in about two weeks. I thought I had done well in both interviews and I was excited.

I heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter after 2 weeks and was then scheduled for what he called a final on site interview. Later that same day the recruiter let me know that the interview would have to be rescheduled.

I didn't hear back after a week, emailed to follow up. Still nothing. Emailed the manager of the department I had interviewed with and was told they had gone with another candidate.

This whole process spanned almost two whole months. I did not receive any emails or phone calls notifying me that they had gone with another candidate. I had to follow up and be persistent to get any answers. I missed time from my current job to attend both interviews. Gamestop obviously has no regard for their candidate's time.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Called for initial phone interview and then asked to come in for in person interview. Informed within first 2 minutes of interview that position has already been filled and only interviewing me due to an issue on another candidates background check. Interview. Then asked to interview for a different role outside of core competencies only to have the position closed as non-essential. Lack of respect for a candidates time is likely not a sustainable talent acquisition model.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate staff?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (California, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very casual and easy. I applied online in advance with bringing my resume at the time. The manager was very nice. The area was a non-bus afternoon, and I was able to answer the questions properly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I arrived a few minutes early to my local GameStop for the interview. The whole interview was very relaxing, the guy who interviewed me was really chill, he inquired about my past work and relevant experience. The questions asked were your basic questions for any customer service position (what would you do in this situation, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question you didn't know the answer to?   1 Answer

SGA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grundy, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Grundy, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went very smooth not many questions asked and very straightforward. A couple interviews were required to get the job. Not very hard depending on the interviewer. Went for my second interview and got hired as SGA.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 2 years.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

did not take long time. 1 week get call from the staffing company for screening questions. then got a call to schedule one on one interview on site. scheduled in one week. however the hiring manager was not ready in first place.
    it was normal discussion without any specific topic on the job.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very well done interview, the interviewer asked a lot of questions to see where my skill set is at, even went into detail about some of the events the do and host for special events which I found very interesting.

Interview Questions

• How would you make yourself more personable to make people feel more comfortable.   Answer Question