GameStop Senior Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Senior Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.0

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Mostly they try and see how much sales experience, it's emphasized that this position is mostly a sales job. If you like video games it's a plus but mostly they want you to know how to push the pro card, reserves, game protection and preowned product.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, I went in person for the first interview with Store Leader and had a follow up over the phone with another Store Leader who was very easy to talk to. 1:1 interview was critical on customer service and how good I was with customer service problems and going over my experience to ensure I was qualified for the lower management position.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a customer service issue and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Guest Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Another SGA at the store suggested that I apply for this position mostly because it was more in line with the hours and wage I wanted. Despite not really having any management experience, the Assistant Store Leader (ASL) interviewed me anyway but explained that they'd prefer either to hire someone with management experience, or move a trained GA up to SGA. So they offered me the GA position, saying that I could move up to SGA after a while, and then I did my second interview with the Store Leader. Both interviews were very laid back, talking about games we like and why, did a little selling role play, talked about what was important to us as retail salespeople. Thankfully, the Gamestop I worked at had an amazing team of people like me, who value the customer's experience over anything else.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach helping a customer with a very different taste in games than you purchase a new game?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Hampton, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick, asked questions of work background, education background and asked me how i would sell a pen to him and other sales related questions/scenarios. He recognized me from my multiple visits over the years which definitely gave me a leg up. However, my first day was 2 weeks after I was initially hired.

Interview Questions

• Which comes first Madden or Mad Max   2 Answers

Senior Guest Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back and friendly atmosphere with both the district manager and two other store leaders. I felt at home and completely at ease! It felt both professional, but also as if I had known these people for years.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to rally your teammates into working, as opposed to slacking off, if they are?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very Good experience. loved talking to the people in the store. would do it again if i had the chance. GameStop is a great place to work if you love the industry. i would recommend applying to anyone who wants to work around games.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Offered interview in person. Interviewed with manager of store to be placed in, then interviewed with store manager of another location. Following interviews, offered job within three days. Started training about three weeks later, as manager was to be out of state for conference. Trained under manager and assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The first and second interviews were pretty formal, I met with the managers and general manager for the area at the job fair that they were having. It was a pretty simple interview and if you displayed confidence in your abilities and your knowledge I think that anyone would have a good time.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Fayetteville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. I was called in to do an interview with the store manager at the store I applied for, then I received a call back for a second interview with the Training Manager at another store. It took a couple days to hear back from them in-between, bot other than that the process was quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Name a problem, and how you helped lead your team to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was split in two disorganized events, one while I was dropping off application and another where I came in to follow-up and was just taken in right there because they had no time to call me in.
    Went in the back room and sat in two of three fold-able chairs, went over my resume and talked, said they'd call me which they did about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you sticking around here for college?
      What is your major?