GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.1

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very standard, entry-level interview. It was informal, done in the assistant manager's office. He was really friendly and offered me the seasonal job on the spot. You don't have to do anything to prepare, just act professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame difficulty in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Just apply online and give a quick review oyer's About page and employee bios
    --Check up latest news and updates about the company/store
    ----News can be found on their websites
    --Learn about company's culture, mission, and values
    ----Must say that I'm good fit for the company's culture during any job interview
    ----company's website
    ----follow organization on its social media networks
    --Get an idea of the type of work that you be doing
    ----Know the product, services,

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly asked about leadership qualities and how to mentor your store employees in order to meet store goals. fairly straight forward, just be honest and it will be an easy interview

Interview Questions

• how do you over come a customer saying no to a warranty   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Walked in, asked for a job interview. Came in for a quick 20 minute interview a few days later. Asked me general questions on how to sell as well as my interests. Process was pretty easy honestly. Be yourself.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

HR was quick in setting up after an initial interview and informational call. I met with manager, director & VP. Behavioral and technical questions. Very pleasant experience. Incredibly personal staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with external audit staff and your ownership of controls or processes.   Answer Question

Visual Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, I was called and interviewed over the phone about my qualifications and background. The interviewer was very nice and really liked me. The weird part is when I was asked to come in for a second interview, I asked what day she was thinking of since I was going out of town in the next 2 weeks for my honeymoon, something I had planned MONTHS ago. Immediately the tune changed and she said she would email me if they decided to move forward. I received an email a month later stating they were not going to continue with my interview process because although my skill set was strong, I "lacked a specific skill set needed for the job", aka they weren't happy I went on my honeymoon. Extremely unprofessional. I'm glad they didn't offer me anything, because if this experience is indicative of their work environment, then I'd rather work somewhere that is okay with me taking vacation time, especially when I give them advance notice. Extremely extremely unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Hainesport, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hainesport, NJ).

Interview

I was brought into the backroom and asked various questions and generally chatted for a bit. Then I got a call back a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What game systems did I own?   1 Answer

SGA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I had two because management wasn't sure where they wanted to start me off at. They were impressed I dressed up. Standard interview questions were asked, as well as some basic questions about favorite games, systems, etc. They made it a point that they want employees to focus more on sales than video games.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be successful in a sales-driven role? What experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Relaxed. Guys were playing games on their phones when I showed up. I waited and talked until it was actually time for the interview. They were friendly enough. No difficult questions. They just want to know if you can talk to people about games.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite game/genre   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

They take your into the (often messy) back room to ask questions about your retail experience and gaming knowledge. They ask the same questions of a sheet of paper every time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?   Answer Question