GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. To me, it seemed like they just wanted to make sure that you were just trying to see if you're a normal person and possibly if you actually like video games, though the latter might just be a plus. I arrived and they just asked me a few work history related questions and before I knew it I was hired. The interview seemed like more of a formality in my case.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very comfortable setting, they made me feel like I was always apart of the team my nerves went away quickly the interviewer was very upfront about what he was looking for and what he needed from any one trying to be apart of the team

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for us   1 Answer

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I walked in shortly after the store opened to ask for an application. I carried my resume with me as well as an already filled out application, just in case.

I wore semi-professional attire- which plays a part. You won't get an interview if you aren't dressed well when the manager first meets you.

I bought some food and re-filled my application while I ate and once I was done, I went to hand it in to the manager. He looked it over while I was there, and said I could interview the next Monday.

---

I went back for the interview and we sad at a nearby table. It is most important to show that you have a good personality. I was nervous but I smiled a lot. After the interview, the manager told me that I got the job and he'd call me to get my information the next week.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past work experience.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any knowledge of games or game systems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Escondido, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was fun and easy. The manager interviewing me was down to earth and made me feel comfortable right off the bat! Walked into the room and sat down. She started asking me questions and asking about me. Interview was short but fun.

Interview Questions

• What game consoles are you knowledgeable in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very well done interview, the interviewer asked a lot of questions to see where my skill set is at, even went into detail about some of the events the do and host for special events which I found very interesting.

Interview Questions

• How would you make yourself more personable to make people feel more comfortable.   Answer Question

Senior Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, I went in person for the first interview with Store Leader and had a follow up over the phone with another Store Leader who was very easy to talk to. 1:1 interview was critical on customer service and how good I was with customer service problems and going over my experience to ensure I was qualified for the lower management position.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a customer service issue and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

did not take long time. 1 week get call from the staffing company for screening questions. then got a call to schedule one on one interview on site. scheduled in one week. however the hiring manager was not ready in first place.
    it was normal discussion without any specific topic on the job.

Game Advisor Interview

Interview

Average interview. I arrived at the store for a group interview that consisted of the run of the mill basic interview questions. Second round, the store manager and I went to the neighboring coffee shop. The manager first asked some questions just to gather the kind of person I was and then proceeded to ask me more specific behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Around 3 weeks after I applied in-store I got a call from the store manager asking if I would do an interview that was scheduled in 2-3 days later. During the interview I almost felt as though I was being treated as a 15 year old kid in my first job interview (I'm 19 and have had quite a bit of interview experience). She pretty much asked questions like what would you do if such as such happened? But overall the interview went good and the manager said she wanted to schedule a phone interview. The next day I got a call to schedule a phone interview which was around a week later. The phone interview lasted around 15 minutes and was with the district manager, she just gave me scenarios as if she was the customer and I was the employee. After the phone interview the manager said she would call at the end of the day to tell me if I got the job or not. A few hours I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a customer if they walked in?   1 Answer