GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.1

Visual Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, I was called and interviewed over the phone about my qualifications and background. The interviewer was very nice and really liked me. The weird part is when I was asked to come in for a second interview, I asked what day she was thinking of since I was going out of town in the next 2 weeks for my honeymoon, something I had planned MONTHS ago. Immediately the tune changed and she said she would email me if they decided to move forward. I received an email a month later stating they were not going to continue with my interview process because although my skill set was strong, I "lacked a specific skill set needed for the job", aka they weren't happy I went on my honeymoon. Extremely unprofessional. I'm glad they didn't offer me anything, because if this experience is indicative of their work environment, then I'd rather work somewhere that is okay with me taking vacation time, especially when I give them advance notice. Extremely extremely unprofessional.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hainesport, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hainesport, NJ).

Interview

I was brought into the backroom and asked various questions and generally chatted for a bit. Then I got a call back a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What game systems did I own?   1 Answer

SGA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I had two because management wasn't sure where they wanted to start me off at. They were impressed I dressed up. Standard interview questions were asked, as well as some basic questions about favorite games, systems, etc. They made it a point that they want employees to focus more on sales than video games.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be successful in a sales-driven role? What experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer ask basic questions of your past work experience. Ask if there was any problems you had at previous jobs and what you could have done to improve the situation. Also ask about any video game knowledge.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Relaxed. Guys were playing games on their phones when I showed up. I waited and talked until it was actually time for the interview. They were friendly enough. No difficult questions. They just want to know if you can talk to people about games.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite game/genre   1 Answer

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

They take your into the (often messy) back room to ask questions about your retail experience and gaming knowledge. They ask the same questions of a sheet of paper every time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you found out an employee was doing something that could harm the company. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very basic, easy, phone call into a face to face then a phone call confirmation. No real hoops to jump through nor any real surprises here nor do you expect any

I Was Asked to Apply for Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with District and Regional Leaders, with a few weeks in between. General interview with typical retail leadership questions. Also detailed info about job and company. Everything was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with an employee who performs poorly in kpi's   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop (Reno, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went ok. I was asked basic questions, mostly how my experience would help in a new environment. It lasted about 30 minutes. Ended up turning down the job, not enough pay for too many hours.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you would deal with team member conflict?   Answer Question

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Lincoln Park, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Was asked simple questions of course like my name and such before I was asked about my gaming lifestyle. After a small rant about all the games I loved, what games I played the most, and quite simply having a gamer's field day, the manager and I then went through retail imaginary situations to test my capabilities.

Interview Questions

• What types of games are you currently playing?   1 Answer