GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.1

Gamestop Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Louisville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

Short but fun, wasn't too hard on me. We sat down and talk about games and asked some basic questions. They were extremely friendly. Sometimes awkward but I pushed through it.

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

(Keep in mind, it was a GameStop that my family frequents, so the manager might have already been a little biased.)
    The location was inside of the local mall, so the interview was just a quick one on one with the manager. It was very casual with a few simple questions. I'd just say, don't worry too much if you think the interview was super short.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (California, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very casual and easy. I applied online in advance with bringing my resume at the time. The manager was very nice. The area was a non-bus afternoon, and I was able to answer the questions properly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I arrived a few minutes early to my local GameStop for the interview. The whole interview was very relaxing, the guy who interviewed me was really chill, he inquired about my past work and relevant experience. The questions asked were your basic questions for any customer service position (what would you do in this situation, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question you didn't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

I met witn the guy, walked to the starbucks across the street. He asked me basic questions about my last job, why I left. He also asked if I had any game consules and if I new what to do if one of them wasnt working properly.

Interview Questions

• Do you own any game consules? If so, which ones?   1 Answer

Store Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop in September 2016.

Interview

Talked with the District leader about business accumen, work ethic, and future goals. Went over plan for running a store and success or opportunities in prior leadership roles.

Each district and opportunity will be 100% different. I recommend going in with confidence and knowledge about your business and skills. Know ahead of time what you plan to bring to the team

Interview Questions

• How would you lead this store to success if given the opportunity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DL asked what I wanted, I know that pay is based of experience and the volume of the store so I gave him a number I thought was fair and he said he would try to beat it. So I would say it went well

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was not drawn out. It was pretty quick & to the point, which I prefer! It began as a group interview with me & 2 other guys then we each talked with the interviewer 1:1. I was offered the job on site & accepted!

SGA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grundy, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Grundy, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went very smooth not many questions asked and very straightforward. A couple interviews were required to get the job. Not very hard depending on the interviewer. Went for my second interview and got hired as SGA.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. To me, it seemed like they just wanted to make sure that you were just trying to see if you're a normal person and possibly if you actually like video games, though the latter might just be a plus. I arrived and they just asked me a few work history related questions and before I knew it I was hired. The interview seemed like more of a formality in my case.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very comfortable setting, they made me feel like I was always apart of the team my nerves went away quickly the interviewer was very upfront about what he was looking for and what he needed from any one trying to be apart of the team

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for us   1 Answer