GameStop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameStop Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.1

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Senior game advisor interviewed first. Then left and store manager did a second interview. So long as you show your love of games, good sales personality, and happy attitude, you can get it. I showed up without applying, just dropping off resume and cover letter, was called within the hour for an interview that same day, offered a job three days later. I had a great experience and the people were awesome! So excited!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Besides love of games.   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to up-sell at the cash register? Are you comfortable doing so?   Answer Question
    • What consoles are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email announcing a job fair day a few weeks later. I misjudged how many people would be there and ended up waiting around for about an hour, which was fine but it was somewhat hot in the store. When it was my turn I was lead into the back where three other interviews were taking place at the same time and was asked about eight questions dealing with customer service. I was told I would be contacted by the end of the next week either way, I was never contacted.

Game Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Asked a few basic questions. Fave game, what consoles you know, etc. Some questions were hard for others. They divided it up into a weird way, some had group interviews, others had one on one. My friend got asked a bunch of hard questions about the software. Meanwhile, I only got asked my favorite game.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the difference between an Xbox one and a ps4?   Answer Question

Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was scheduled a few weeks off; then they decided to move it up by a week. The day of the interview I was informed of further scheduling conflicts, which they pushed it off to the day after. When they finally decided to call me the person was in a rush and stated that they usually don't hire people at my skill level. They quickly moved on and I have my doubts my resume was read.

Financial Planner/Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Grapevine, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 week. The first step was a phone screening and after a few days i got called for an interview. I was interviewed by several people, they seemed friendly, but i felt that they were rushing to say their next question instead of listening to my interview questions.

Senior Guest Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back and friendly atmosphere with both the district manager and two other store leaders. I felt at home and completely at ease! It felt both professional, but also as if I had known these people for years.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to rally your teammates into working, as opposed to slacking off, if they are?   1 Answer

Gamestop Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Succasunna, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Succasunna, NJ).

Interview

Very brief interview in a very small backroom office. The district manager was there and asked a few questions before notifying me of an opening at a location further away than the location I've applied for.

Interview Questions

• Q. How long have you worked at your previous job?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Interview was normal. Asked about operations, shrink, customer service, etc. Asked basic questions about coaching and hiring. Why my interest in gamestop and what I want to do from there. when I want to start and when I wanted to move into town

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

i was called in for interview a long while after submitting application, but that was because i was hired for the holiday season. i was able to make an interview around my high school class times, and manager was very accepting of that. he was concerned with education and being able to handle myself as well as being a responsible employee.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow time, then gets you there and questions asked, ok process. it took me some time and then he asked if my background in mathematics was good, because you will need it for sales, and stock, etc.