GameStop Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Glendale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position 3 months prior to being called for the Seasonal Game Advisor Position. I was called and scheduled for an interview, went in, and was hired a few days later. The interview was with a couple of store managers, in which they asked basic interview questions. They also explained the questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work at GameStop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer

Gamestop Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (West Covina, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very casual and friendly easy process. Very relaxed and my manager was very easy to talk to. Pretty basic questions about work experience and if you are knowledgable about games and other products.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Anaheim, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the DM, and we had a conversation. It only took 45 minutes. They called a week in advance. He let me know I had the job at the end of the interview. It was not a difficult process at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Fountain Valley, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come to the store for my first interview and was asked very generic questions. When I passed the first interview they scheduled a second interview which I later found out was a group interview. There were at least 15 other people applying for a position at GameStop. We were asked one question and each person had to answer that question one right after the other. The middle of the circle seemed to be the best place to be at because you got to hear enough other answers to get a better idea of how to word what you want to say and you didn't seem to have your answer stolen from you as was evident as when the people at the end of the circle had next to nothing to say or the same answers that their peers had said before them.

Interview Questions

• What type of car would you be if you were a car and why   1 Answer

Gamestop Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GameStop (Whittier, CA).

Interview

I went in for open interviews and waited an hour just for my interview to last 5 minutes because the person doing interviews had to give someone a lunch. I was told because of my experience in retail they wanted me to come in for a second interview in two weeks. Two weeks later still no interview. I called and the person I talked to said my name wasn't on list for second interviews. About a month later they called me back for a second interview(group interview) the day before the interviews were scheduled. I told them I wasn't able to make it because I had to work so the guy said he will schedule for the following week. I told them I'll try and switch my schedule but let's schedule for next week just I case and if I can switch I'll call you back. He said OK I will call you next week with the time. I was at work and didn't get a chance to call back and tell him I couldn't switch. The following week I hadn't heard anything so I called him and he said I was listed as a no call no show because I didn't show up to the interview the week before.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for game stop? (Although he told me that he was only asking me questions to make it look good for the camera. Interview was held in a stockroom.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Arcadia, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very casual, you arrive to the interview in a semi-formal fashion and they sit you down near a table to talk about the job and what it entitles. The interview isn't so difficult, but you do have to have prior knowledge about video games and its counsels.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions
      Talk about video game basics   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bell Gardens, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Bell Gardens, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It took about 5 minutes. It wasn't really an interview, they just asked me what days and hours I can work. Overall it was a fairly easy interview anyone can get hired if you have knowledge about video games.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Long Beach, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There were two in-person reviews before I finally got the position. They both went fairly well, I'd recommend dressing for business-casual. At the time, I applied in-store. But I believe it is all carried out online now.

Interview Questions

• What's the worst thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The manager tried to see our math skills to convince customers to subscribe to the magazine and reserve games. He pretended to be a customer by purchasing used games and has us emphasize on the savings the customer will receive if they apply for the game informer and then to convince him (based on the games he was buying) to get a reservation. When I got confused he did help me out until I was convincing enough then he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what is the gamer informer? What is a reservation? If I buy two used games (54.99 each) how much will I save if I subscribe to the game informer? How much is the game informer? How do you convince someone to subscribe to the game informer if they are buying 2 used games for 54.99? If I like shooter games, what game should I reserve?   1 Answer