GameStop Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2016

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Compton, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Not really much to say we were gathered into the back room. Most people wearing shirts half undone and jeans, some people dressed up. the interview itself was simple enough, ask a question, one by one we all answered going in counter clockwise circle, people heard the first persons answer and essentially repeated or started to play a weird game of telephone where the last persons answer is now about customer service when the initial question was about your favorite video game. the thing that struck me is the interviewers, commented on what a fine answer it was although they had originally asked the question, "whats your experience with video games? and what kind of games do you play?" and the answer goes from " GEARS OF WAR 2!", first person, "Well i would recommend gears of war ", says second person. "gears of war 2 is a great game but i would talk to the customer", says person 3, "fall out three..." says me, followed by a story about why i like video games. "customers are really important" says person too my right, and the last person ends on the note that without the customers we wouldn't have been here... i wanted to say something... i really did... but i was in an interview... anyways.. bout 2 hours and 4 stuttering people repeating how important customer service is later, end of the interview, and apparently we all did great. business cards for all, now we schedule a follow up interview.
    took time to talk to the manager and district manager, seeing as i had driven over night from san fran to long beach, about 500 some miles... to be at this interview... just back from vacation, cut it a little short to be there.. and i wanted to make sure he knew. he knew. he was appreciative.
    tried too schedule the second interview several, several times over the next week. and finally get a call 3 days later saying that they will schedule the interviews in a week. 3 weeks later im sitting here with no job, and not so much as a phone call. and any attempts of communication on this basis is lost to voice mail, and leaving messages with people.

maybe it takes longer though.

idk.

Interview Questions

• Whats an experience you had, where you were dealing with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

It was an informal interview where I was brought to the back room and asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• The manager gave me a straw that was sitting on the table and asked me to sell him the straw.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (West Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview was very unprofessional. I was told they were going to hire me anyways even before I interviewed

Negotiation

Simple, no negotiation on pay. They set pay for this position

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Alhambra, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic. tell me about yourself, whats your favorite console, and what is your availability.
    if you get the interview.. chances are they will hire you...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. salary starts at $8.50

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Torrance, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interviews were pretty simple. we were interviewed at a bench outside the mall, and they asked me various questions about my job history and why I wanted the job. I was lucky and had tons of history working QA for various video game companies, so that really helped me out.

Interview Questions

• If you were a type of ice cream, what type of ice cream would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate? Ha ha, this was right after the mortgage crisis and I was paid minimum wage and happy to get it. Apparently HUNDREDS of people applied for the job. Ajob with maybe a dozen openings at various stores.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was about 45 minutes with a district manager. Talked about previous experience and why I wanted to work for the company. Easy interview. Company is pretty cool after all and fun. You get lots of freebies. Just be confident and really want the job and you will get it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bell Gardens, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop (Bell Gardens, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It took about 5 minutes. It wasn't really an interview, they just asked me what days and hours I can work. Overall it was a fairly easy interview anyone can get hired if you have knowledge about video games.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Orange, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply in person, you get a call for a individual interview, you get interviewed by two people. I feel like they choose who ever they want not necessarily if you have experience. I might add my availability was open.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you like to play?   1 Answer

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Glendale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position 3 months prior to being called for the Seasonal Game Advisor Position. I was called and scheduled for an interview, went in, and was hired a few days later. The interview was with a couple of store managers, in which they asked basic interview questions. They also explained the questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work at GameStop?   1 Answer

Seasonal Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Fullerton, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Group interview. Speak up and you'll probably get the job. They say you don't need to know much about games because if you get asked questions on the job, you can refer them to another employee. Don't trust that. They'll leave you gaping at a customer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation.