GameStop SGA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

1.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SGA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

We simply sat down and had a casual discussion about my previous experience working for gamestop, and if i was okay being hired right at the start of the holiday season.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

SGA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I had two because management wasn't sure where they wanted to start me off at. They were impressed I dressed up. Standard interview questions were asked, as well as some basic questions about favorite games, systems, etc. They made it a point that they want employees to focus more on sales than video games.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be successful in a sales-driven role? What experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grundy, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (Grundy, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went very smooth not many questions asked and very straightforward. A couple interviews were required to get the job. Not very hard depending on the interviewer. Went for my second interview and got hired as SGA.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 2 years.   1 Answer

SGA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Walked into the store. Was greeted and taken into the back room. Was interviewed by the ASM. Then We talked about why i wanted to work there, and if i could sell. Very Very Easy

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop (San Antonio, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy interview. Know customer service, know your systems. Typically a job for people with an open schedule. The pay is low, but the opportunities are there. Interview is very cut and paste. Be yourself. Usually these managers are looking for a unique employee

SGA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

This is very straight forward. Gamestop will hold job fairs during the holidays, you will have a sit down interview, and if the manager likes you, you will be hired. The interviews are short and basic, asking you a couple of questions, as to how you respond to customers who may be aggravated, or angry, and they will also ask you about your video game and electronics knowledge.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. however keep in mind that the customer is ALWAYS right, so if you are asked a question about a customer issue, always make sure that customer would be happy when they leave.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (McAllen, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

They want to know the extent of your customer service skills and how deal with authority. They want to know how you dealt with difficult customers and how you dealt with a manager you didn't agree with. Game stop is only interested in outgoing applicants who are familiar with video games.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Plymouth, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

It is very hard to get into this company, because everyone thinks it is an amazing job, so they always have a lot of applications. I kept coming in, and asking if they were hiring, and then one day they said yes. Applied, and had an interview over the phone, and two days later I was working. Helps to be friendly with the employees there.