GameStop Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.2

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GameStop (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Instead of waiting for the infamously slow response from my online application, I went to a local Gamestop job fair soon after I applied. Around 50 people were there over the course of 3 hours, filtering in and out of the Gamestop where it was held. I was around 35th on the list and waited about an hour and a half (standing, because there were no chairs) before an interviewer called me up. He was friendly and approachable, and looked over my resume carefully. Shortly after the interview began, he realized that I was looking for a 4-month summer job, and regretfully informed me that Gamestop only hired non-full-year employees during the Christmas season. This information was not on their website.

From the other Gamestop interviews going on around me, I noticed that most were around 20 minutes long and centered far more on customer service skills than game knowledge.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiana, DE

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameStop (Christiana, DE).

Interview

Don't overthink what their asking you, just act natural sadly I didn't get the job but it was a good experience.

But also it was around Christmas so it was crowded interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GameStop.

Interview

Very basic, easy, phone call into a face to face then a phone call confirmation. No real hoops to jump through nor any real surprises here nor do you expect any

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Warwick, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online but then stopped in GameStop locations that I had applied to to try and set up interviews on my own. I checked back a few times at the location I was most interested in and spoke with the manager and was given a time to come back and interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why should I not hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I arrived a few minutes early to my local GameStop for the interview. The whole interview was very relaxing, the guy who interviewed me was really chill, he inquired about my past work and relevant experience. The questions asked were your basic questions for any customer service position (what would you do in this situation, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question you didn't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameStop (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very well done interview, the interviewer asked a lot of questions to see where my skill set is at, even went into detail about some of the events the do and host for special events which I found very interesting.

Interview Questions

• How would you make yourself more personable to make people feel more comfortable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GameStop (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

They asked me if I knew how they made money. They asked me about myself. I told them I play video games a lot. There wasn't much to it really. First job in sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you know where we make our money?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagatna, GU

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop (Hagatna, GU) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about two weeks later. I then had an interview later that week. I went into the store and the interview took place in the back office/stockroom with the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GameStop in September 2015.

Interview

It was a simple interview asked me about what games I like and if I remember any old game systems and how I heard about the job they were really good people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GameStop (Queens Village, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview too about an hour to hear back from them took almost a year. You have to be the one in getting a hold of them to check up on your statues with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for gamestop?   1 Answer